Old 31-08-2011, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default takes the biscuit

Well I never...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14725367

Hope his jabs were up to date.
Old 31-08-2011, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On 2011-08-31 10:22:44 +0100, Emery Davis said:

Well I never...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14725367

Hope his jabs were up to date.

Oh that made me shudder - but what a lucky escape in the end!

Me too. But it tells us something we already knew about Auntie Beeb's
attitude to gardening that she doesn't know the difference between
shears and secateurs. Coming soon: a four-pronged spade.

--
Mike.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

Martin wrote:

Me too. But it tells us something we already knew about Auntie
Beeb's attitude to gardening that she doesn't know the difference
between shears and secateurs. Coming soon: a four-pronged spade.

and fork handles?

and 'oes.

--
Chris

Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Friend of mine has a son who laid hedgetrimmers on ground behind him
then stepped back and turned sharply so cut through his Achilles tendon.
UGH
Good job trimmers weren't working!!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 03-09-2011, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-08-31 10:22:44 +0100, Emery Davis said:

Well I never...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14725367

Hope his jabs were up to date.

Oh that made me shudder - but what a lucky escape in the end!

Me too. But it tells us something we already knew about Auntie Beeb's
attitude to gardening that she doesn't know the difference between
shears and secateurs. Coming soon: a four-pronged spade.

I used to have a neighbour who didn't seem to know the difference
between shears and kitchen scissors. Took her a day to edge her lawn

Mind you, she also used to vacuum the lawn after cutting it! And put
the sprinkler out whenever it rained. She said it was to help the rain
soak into the ground. OK, she had the best front lawn in the street!

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk
Old 03-09-2011, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
The air ambulance landed in the village the other day. Apparently
someone had an argument with a chainsaw...

Oh blimey
who won?

I'd love to do a safety course on chainsaws as I'd love to get one but
dare not until i know how to use them safely. I've seen the kickback
they can have when you hit metal in a tree trunk!
At the moment anyway I myself am hobbling as I've strained my Achilles
tendon, luckily not snapped it but watching grass get higher and hedge
get more unruly though i can drive and I can walk slowly so I can stand
and prune
Old 03-09-2011, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Jake
writes
I used to have a neighbour who didn't seem to know the difference
between shears and kitchen scissors. Took her a day to edge her lawn

Have to admit I've used scissors in some hard to get at edges of the
lawn and a large sharp pair set it off so neatly
Old 03-09-2011, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 15:56:18 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Jake
writes
I used to have a neighbour who didn't seem to know the difference
between shears and kitchen scissors. Took her a day to edge her lawn

Have to admit I've used scissors in some hard to get at edges of the
lawn and a large sharp pair set it off so neatly

I suppose it's rude to joke about the lady - she was so nice and
friendly, if a bit scatty. She really loved her garden. The front lawn
was always immaculate and her littleish back garden would need a
stream of superlatives to describe it. At her funeral the local church
ran out of standing room and people were standing outside in the rain
- she was that popular (I didn't realise before just how many people
knew/liked/loved her).

The house was sold. The beautiful back garden was covered in paving
slabs within a month or two and the front lawn now only gets cut about
once every two months when they can borrow a lawn mower. It's more
weeds than grass. When they dug up the garden they didn't even offer
the plants to the neighbours as a "hello" but had the cheek to ask me
the next year if I had any spare plants they could have to fill a
couple of tubs.

For Biscuit Sacha United Kingdom 0 10-07-2006 11:03 PM
Link: THE BREAD AND BISCUIT BAKER'S AND SUGAR-BOILER'S ASSISTANT-1890 Ramset Edible Gardening 0 29-01-2005 01:35 AM
Biscuit fire salvage plans Larry Harrell alt.forestry 4 10-08-2003 10:03 AM
Proposal to log trees burned in Biscuit fire faces criticism Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 23-03-2003 07:20 PM
At ground zero of the Biscuit Fire Donald L Ferrt alt.forestry 7 11-12-2002 06:11 PM