Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered User

Default Countax Mower Help Please!

Hi all, I have a countax c500h it has been running fine and I used it today and then I went to use it again this afternoon and it wont start. When you turn the key to the first ignition all the right lights come on and you hear the click which I am guessing is something to do with the fuel pump that always happens but then when you turn to the second ignition to start it nothing happens..... Any ideas?
Old 02-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywilliams View Post
Hi all, I have a countax c500h it has been running fine and I used it today and then I went to use it again this afternoon and it wont start. When you turn the key to the first ignition all the right lights come on and you hear the click which I am guessing is something to do with the fuel pump that always happens but then when you turn to the second ignition to start it nothing happens..... Any ideas?
I have also checked both fuses under the dash and charged the battery just incase but still nothing!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Garywilliams" wrote in message

Hi all, I have a countax c500h it has been running fine and I used it
today and then I went to use it again this afternoon and it wont start.
When you turn the key to the first ignition all the right lights come on
and you hear the click which I am guessing is something to do with the
fuel pump that always happens but then when you turn to the second
ignition to start it nothing happens..... Any ideas?

What happens to the lights you mention when you try to start?

Stay on?
Go out?
Go dim?

Steve

Old 02-10-2011, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Garywilliams" wrote ...

Hi all, I have a countax c500h it has been running fine and I used it
today and then I went to use it again this afternoon and it wont start.
When you turn the key to the first ignition all the right lights come on
and you hear the click which I am guessing is something to do with the
fuel pump that always happens but then when you turn to the second
ignition to start it nothing happens..... Any ideas?

Sounds like a stuck starter motor.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 19:11:38 +0000, Garywilliams wrote:

When you turn the key to the first ignition all the right lights come on
and you hear the click which I am guessing is something to do with the
fuel pump that always happens but then when you turn to the second
ignition to start it nothing happens..... Any ideas?

Classic symptoms of a stuck starter motor. Might be worth giving it a
tap with a hammer, it might free it. Or a high resistance/broken
connection in the high current wiring from the battery to starte
motor and/or earth bonds from the engine to chassis.

Do the dash board lights dim at all when you try to start?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 17-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywilliams View Post
Hi all, I have a countax c500h it has been running fine and I used it today and then I went to use it again this afternoon and it wont start. When you turn the key to the first ignition all the right lights come on and you hear the click which I am guessing is something to do with the fuel pump that always happens but then when you turn to the second ignition to start it nothing happens..... Any ideas?
hi - have you got the mower going? Mine has the same problem. Worked one minute and not the next. Had a guy look at it - told me I needed a new starter motor - £115. Went away - promised the earth - never heard from him since - tahnk you mower man, Market deeping!. I got a new starter motor but this did not work either. All lights work but just no life in the engine.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by procter View Post
hi - have you got the mower going? Mine has the same problem. Worked one minute and not the next. Had a guy look at it - told me I needed a new starter motor - £115. Went away - promised the earth - never heard from him since - tahnk you mower man, Market deeping!. I got a new starter motor but this did not work either. All lights work but just no life in the engine.
I have the exact same issue.Fuses checked ,battery charged.
The lights come on in the first ignition position with an indication that the parking is on ,but ignition position 2 no turnover.It has been working fine.

Did you find resolution with this ?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dughard View Post
I have the exact same issue.Fuses checked ,battery charged.
The lights come on in the first ignition position with an indication that the parking is on ,but ignition position 2 no turnover.It has been working fine.

Did you find resolution with this ?
Presumably it must have a starter solenoid somewhere which is operated by the key switch, trace the thick wire from the motor and see where it goes, if it goes to a small box and another thick wire goes to the battery then that box is the starter solenoid if the wire goes straight back to the battery then the solenoid is in the motor. There should be 1 or 2 thinner wires, depending how it's wired, one of which will come from the start switch, if there is only one wire then the switch will supply 12V when turned, if there are 2 wires then the switch will ground the wire when turned. You should be able to sort it out with a cheap meter from Maplins or somewhere similar. I'm assuming here that these things are still reasonably simple, if they have gone the same way as cars and the whole thing is driven by a computer then take out a new mortgage before you take it to the dealers. :-)