Old 09-10-2011, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What are these 'fruits' please? and are they edible?

"AriesVal" wrote
Bob Hobden wrote:
The Boss makes a Tagine dish with them in that is superb.

Really! Now we need the recipe

That will teach me to open my mouth! I guessed someone would ask as soon
as I sent the reply but it's a long recipe, too complicated for me to
type out, so if you mail me I will gladly scan the page and send it to
you and anyone else that is interested.
It's called "Baked Tagine of Lamb with Quinces, Figs and Honey".

No need Bob as I found the recipe online, but thanks for the offer.
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/artic...gine-clay.html

Very similar but our one uses ready to eat dried figs, and dried prunes
instead of persimmons and also adds coriander to both bits. And specifies
dark honey.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Old 09-10-2011, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 09/10/2011 09:13, Bob Hobden wrote:

"AriesVal" wrote
Bob Hobden wrote:
The Boss makes a Tagine dish with them in that is superb.
Really! Now we need the recipe

That will teach me to open my mouth! I guessed someone would ask as soon
as I sent the reply but it's a long recipe, too complicated for me to
type out, so if you mail me I will gladly scan the page and send it to
you and anyone else that is interested.
It's called "Baked Tagine of Lamb with Quinces, Figs and Honey".

No need Bob as I found the recipe online, but thanks for the offer.
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/artic...gine-clay.html

Very similar but our one uses ready to eat dried figs, and dried prunes
instead of persimmons and also adds coriander to both bits. And
specifies dark honey.

Noted, thanks Bob.

--
Don't forgive people because you're weak,
forgive them because you're strong enough to know that people make mistakes.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"AriesVal" wrote in message
Not apples but from one of the shrubs in my garden
https://picasaweb.google.com/1174293...84028215421186

This is the shrub when in flower:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1174293...06377495384418

--

When I clicked on the pic and brought it up there was a little label on the
front that said "Japanese quince" so I didn't need to tell you that's what

Old 09-10-2011, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 09/10/2011 18:46, Christina Websell wrote:
When I clicked on the pic and brought it up there was a little label on the
front that said "Japanese quince" so I didn't need to tell you that's what
it was;-)

Aha, well spotted, but I added that caption AFTER asking questions in
here ;-)