Old 17-10-2011, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Three of the best

I think that these 3 dahlias are amongst the best I have comming on,
they are all around 5ft tall and self bushing,
Trinadad Sunset, Not quite as yellow as it looks here
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...adsunset01.jpg
Rose Sunset http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...RoseSunset.jpg
Still to be named http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ent=newred.jpg
David
Old 20-10-2011, 12:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
I think that these 3 dahlias are amongst the best I have comming on,
they are all around 5ft tall and self bushing,
Trinadad Sunset, Not quite as yellow as it looks here
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion=view&curre
nt=Trinidadsunset01.jpg
Rose Sunset
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion=view&curre
nt=RoseSunset.jpg
Still to be named
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion=view&curre
nt=newred.jpg
David

I love the second one David.
A friend whose garden i was in this afternoon has a beautiful shaded
Dahlia called, she thinks, Dahlia 'Karma Fuchsiana' but it isn't like
the ones i can find on the Internet, being more a single headed flower
and much more of a gradient from pink to copper colour. Looks lovely!

I did see a strange one this year called "the Phantom" not sure if it
was a new type but a different flower anyway.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 20-10-2011, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Oct 20, 12:31*am, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article
,
Dave Hill writes

[...]

Dahlia 'Karma Fuchsiana' is not supposed tro be an open centered
dahlia, but it seems to be breaking down a bit, as are a few more of
the newer karma dahlias, though it may also be something to do with
the weather we have had this year.
I don't know The Phantom, but I think it may be an Anemone centered
dahlia.
David
Old 20-10-2011, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
Dahlia 'Karma Fuchsiana' is not supposed tro be an open centered
dahlia, but it seems to be breaking down a bit, as are a few more of
the newer karma dahlias, though it may also be something to do with
the weather we have had this year.

But strangely it is far more attractive as an open centred as the
gradation of colour is easier to see.!