Old 17-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered User

Location: Liverpool
Default Plant Identification? Black berries & White flowers

Hello all

i threw down some horse muck about a month ago an quite a few "things" have grown since. once plant has especially caught my eye

any ideas what it is?

apologies for the quality of photo's....damn blackberries!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/1.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/2.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/3.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/4.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/5.jpg

as you can probably tell from the background the garden is still like a bomb site....

could this be "Black Nightshade"?

thanks all
Old 17-11-2011, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/1.jpg]

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/2.jpg]

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/3.jpg]

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/4.jpg]

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/5.jpg]

as you can probably tell from the background the garden is still like a
bomb site....

could this be "Black Nightshade"?

Yes almost certainly Black Nighshade. I get it in my garden too.
Not poisonous in case you were worried.
R.

Old 17-11-2011, 06:20 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudcow007 View Post
Hello all

i threw down some horse muck about a month ago an quite a few "things" have grown since. once plant has especially caught my eye

any ideas what it is?

apologies for the quality of photo's....damn blackberries!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/1.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/2.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/3.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/4.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/5.jpg

as you can probably tell from the background the garden is still like a bomb site....

could this be "Black Nightshade"?

thanks all
It looks very like it. Certainly a Solanum of some sort.
__________________
Old 17-11-2011, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Ragnar
writes

"mudcow007" wrote in message

Hello all

i threw down some horse muck about a month ago an quite a few "things"
have grown since. once plant has especially caught my eye

any ideas what it is?

apologies for the quality of photo's....damn blackberries!!

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/1.jpg]

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/2.jpg]

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/3.jpg]

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/4.jpg]

[image: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/mudcow007/5.jpg]

as you can probably tell from the background the garden is still like a
bomb site....

could this be "Black Nightshade"?

Yes almost certainly Black Nighshade. I get it in my garden too.
Not poisonous in case you were worried.

The toxicity of Solanum nigrum (black nightshade) and allies is one of
those things which is disputed.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley