Old 27-11-2011, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Storing gladioli corms ?

We planted gladioli this year and had a good show from them. The good
books tell us to lift them about now, but they then say store at 40 to
45 F. How does one achieve a storage facility such as that ( I'm near
Edinburgh) where in the last couple of years, like most of the
country, we've had extended freezing temperatures. I'm not saying
that we will get them this year but there will be times when there are
periods where the garage, greenhouse, etc will be below freezing.

Rob.
Old 27-11-2011, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rob G" wrote ...

We planted gladioli this year and had a good show from them. The good
books tell us to lift them about now, but they then say store at 40 to
45 F. How does one achieve a storage facility such as that ( I'm near
Edinburgh) where in the last couple of years, like most of the
country, we've had extended freezing temperatures. I'm not saying
that we will get them this year but there will be times when there are
periods where the garage, greenhouse, etc will be below freezing.

Sorry Rob but I leave mine in the ground. If they don't survive I don't want
them but most do especially if you planted them a bit deeper to start with.
Got some out front that must have been there for over a decade.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.