Old 14-12-2011, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default What a wonderfull day!

Twice today I have tried to get out to bring in more pot dahlias,
first time I had just got 3 boxes filled and was putting them onto the
sack truck when the hail started belting down, 10 mins later it eased
off till I was half way back then more hail.
On and Off most of the afternoonTill around 4pm when there was a burst
of sunshine so I tried again, goyt just 12 lifted and it started to
hail again, managed to get another dozen lifted and had to call that
it for the day.
Thje ground is white with hail.
David
At the white end of Swansea Bay.
Old 14-12-2011, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Dec 14, 5:04*pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:55:31 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill

wrote:
Twice today I have tried to get out *to bring in more pot dahlias,
first time I had just got 3 boxes filled and was putting them onto the
sack truck when the hail started belting down, 10 mins later it eased
off till I was half way back then more hail.
On and Off most of the afternoonTill around 4pm when there was a burst
of sunshine so I tried again, goyt just 12 lifted and it started to
hail again, managed to get another dozen lifted and had to call that
it for the day.
Thje ground is white with hail.
David
At the white end of Swansea Bay.

At your wits end at the wrong end, Dave? :-)
--

Martin

I should have added that we have had a Leylandiitree brought down,
trunk was around 14 inches through and it's been snaped a couple of
feet above ground level.
Yesterday the Mumbles had a gust of 81mph, and we look down on the
Mumbles, today the strongest gust has been 61mph, and now it's just
gusting to around 50 mph.
David
Old 18-12-2011, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Twice today I have tried to get out to bring in more pot dahlias,
first time I had just got 3 boxes filled and was putting them onto the
sack truck when the hail started belting down, 10 mins later it eased
off till I was half way back then more hail.
On and Off most of the afternoonTill around 4pm when there was a burst
of sunshine so I tried again, goyt just 12 lifted and it started to
hail again, managed to get another dozen lifted and had to call that
it for the day.
Thje ground is white with hail.
David
At the white end of Swansea Bay.

Jumping forward four days, we've had black ice in the mornings making the
roads very dodgy indeed. Today, though, late morning warmed up quite a bit
with a welcome blast of sunshine.

Yesterday looked very threatening with blue/black skies and the occasional
flurry of sleet. Snow is apparent further up the valley beyond
Ystradgynlais.

Bill

Old 19-12-2011, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Dec 18, 10:27*pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:
"Dave Hill" wrote in message

[...]

a lot closer to the coast we are just getting Rain.
Got the last of the Tree dahlias lifted yesterday with the exception
of 6 that I'm not worried about. the field despite being on a slope is
doing it's best to be under water, everywhere that water can collect
if full to overflowing, just half an inch overnight and so far today.
David
At the wet end of Swansea Bay.
Old 19-12-2011, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

[...]

It can't have been very pleasant sorting out your Dahlias in this weather -
I don't have the work that you have to do, but I still prefer warmer
weather:-)

Bill