Old 01-01-2012, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wellies

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 07:49:15 -0800 (PST), Rod
wrote:

On Dec 30, 1:33*pm, mogga wrote:
There was a discussion a while ago about wellies - which made me look
up some to buy but have lost the links.

Desperately need some now (Probably need waders if it keeps raining
though! LOL)

Reinforced bit in the bottom for digging a good idea or not?
--http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Safety wellies have the reinforced bit in the instep (I like it) and
steel or other hard toecaps.
Safety footwear usually comes without VAT

Rod

Sadly I'm a size too small for screwfix (Assuming a size 5 normal shoe
needs a size 6 welly anyway)
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 01-01-2012, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , mogga
writes
Sadly I'm a size too small for screwfix (Assuming a size 5 normal shoe
needs a size 6 welly anyway)

Boot liners, or shoe liners and two pairs of socks should broaden your
feet so to speak,
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogga View Post
There was a discussion a while ago about wellies - which made me look
up some to buy but have lost the links.

Desperately need some now (Probably need waders if it keeps raining
though! LOL)

Reinforced bit in the bottom for digging a good idea or not?
--
Voucher Freebies brings you deals and offers - The latest discounts, vouchers and free stuff you can claim online
Welly Washer - The answer to all your mucky welly headaches... .....a great little product, check it out!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

(http://www.wellywasher.com) .....a great little product, check it out!

--
charlie100

April 1st already?

Mike

Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , charlie100.97a1a36
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

mogga;946044 Wrote:
There was a discussion a while ago about wellies - which made me look
up some to buy but have lost the links.

Desperately need some now (Probably need waders if it keeps raining
though! LOL)

Reinforced bit in the bottom for digging a good idea or not?
--
'Voucher Freebies brings you deals and offers - The latest discounts,
vouchers and free stuff you can claim online'
(http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk)

'Welly Washer - The answer to all your mucky welly headaches...'
(http://www.wellywasher.com) .....a great little product, check it out!

I hose-wash my wellies outside while still wearing them; I keep an old
washing up brush hanging on the hose tap for any extra scrubbing
required. Then I don't walk the mud /manure/seaweed indoors.

Janet

Old 04-01-2012, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mogga;946044 Wrote:
There was a discussion a while ago about wellies - which made me look
up some to buy but have lost the links.

Desperately need some now (Probably need waders if it keeps raining
though! LOL)

Reinforced bit in the bottom for digging a good idea or not?
--
'Voucher Freebies brings you deals and offers - The latest discounts,
vouchers and free stuff you can claim online'
(http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk)

'Welly Washer - The answer to all your mucky welly headaches...'
(http://www.wellywasher.com) .....a great little product, check it out!

I hose-wash my wellies outside while still wearing them; I keep an old
washing up brush hanging on the hose tap for any extra scrubbing
required. Then I don't walk the mud /manure/seaweed indoors.

Janet

as do most people I expect Janet, but we are all aware of the commercial
plugs made sooooooooooo often on this newsgroup aren't we?

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 04-01-2012, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

mogga;946044 Wrote:
There was a discussion a while ago about wellies - which made me look
up some to buy but have lost the links.

Desperately need some now (Probably need waders if it keeps raining
though! LOL)

Reinforced bit in the bottom for digging a good idea or not?
--
'Voucher Freebies brings you deals and offers - The latest discounts,
vouchers and free stuff you can claim online'
(http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk)

'Welly Washer - The answer to all your mucky welly headaches...'
(http://www.wellywasher.com) .....a great little product, check it out!

* I hose-wash my wellies outside while still wearing them; I keep an old
washing up brush hanging on the hose tap for any *extra scrubbing
required. Then I don't walk the mud /manure/seaweed indoors.

* *Janet- Hide quoted text -

I use a Flexi trug http://www.plasticboxshop.co.uk/14lt...trug-269-p.asp
just a bit larger than my boot, half filled with water, just put your
foot in and swuish around for a moment or two then the same with the
other foot remembering to keep your wellies on when doing this.
Shifts the mud easily.
David
From the land of mud at the wet side of Swansea Bay
Old 04-01-2012, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-01-04 13:29:36 +0000, charlie100
said:

mogga;946044 Wrote:
There was a discussion a while ago about wellies - which made me look
up some to buy but have lost the links.

Desperately need some now (Probably need waders if it keeps raining
though! LOL)

Reinforced bit in the bottom for digging a good idea or not?
--
'Voucher Freebies brings you deals and offers - The latest discounts,
vouchers and free stuff you can claim online'
(http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk)

'Welly Washer - The answer to all your mucky welly headaches...'
(http://www.wellywasher.com) .....a great little product, check it out!

I walk in a large puddle to get the thickest mud off, step onto stone
paths and out of the wellies in the stone flagged corridor. Then I leave
them to dry. Failing that, I'd use a hose!!
--
Sacha
South Devon

That's what any sensible person does. As I said before, April 1st has come
early.

Happy New Year

Mike

Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:29:36 +0000, charlie100
wrote:

mogga;946044 Wrote:
There was a discussion a while ago about wellies - which made me look
up some to buy but have lost the links.

Desperately need some now (Probably need waders if it keeps raining
though! LOL)

Reinforced bit in the bottom for digging a good idea or not?
--
'Voucher Freebies brings you deals and offers - The latest discounts,
vouchers and free stuff you can claim online'
(http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk)

'Welly Washer - The answer to all your mucky welly headaches...'
(http://www.wellywasher.com) .....a great little product, check it out!

I think some people have a different idea of how much mud is
acceptable.
I'd take those off on that video and leave them to dry.
It's when you can't walk cos you're carrying half the field with you
it's a problem!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 10:41:50 +0000, mogga
wrote:

A friend is selling her brand new size 6 hunters cos they are too snug
around the calf.
She's the same height as me - 5ft3 and reckons it's our height that
causes us problems as the wellies don't fit us where they're supposed
cos our legs are shorter.
Not sure if I'm entirely convinced but it's better than thinking I've
got chunky legs
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk