Old 31-12-2011, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Yesterday

Yesterday (Dec 30th) we had 2 Blue bottles buzzing around indoors,
also a couple of Mosquito type thingies, and I noticed we have a
blackberry with a lone flower open as well as some apple mint still in
leaf.
How crazy can it get.
David
At the wet end of Swansea Bay
Old 31-12-2011, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Dave Hill wrote:
Yesterday (Dec 30th) we had 2 Blue bottles buzzing around indoors,
also a couple of Mosquito type thingies, and I noticed we have a
blackberry with a lone flower open as well as some apple mint still in
leaf.

I saw a bee flying around outside. We have fruit flies in the kitchen.
(annoyingly) We have 3 types of mint still leafy, althugh I'm not sure it
ever really goes away. Lots of thyme. Annoyingly, the rosemary has all but
gone. Don't think that's seasonal, it's just a bit dead looking.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote

Yesterday (Dec 30th) we had 2 Blue bottles buzzing around indoors,
also a couple of Mosquito type thingies, and I noticed we have a
blackberry with a lone flower open as well as some apple mint still in
leaf.
How crazy can it get.

We have a Boysenberry in good flower on the allotment, even some fruit set,
the red Princess Lilies are still flowering in our front garden, snowflakes
are flowering, Bergenia too, a large pot by the back door with Fuschias and
Pelagoniums both of which are still flowering, and an Arum Lily in the
middle of the garden just coming into flower. Noticed a large clump of
Kniphofias on a roadside near here in full bloom but then they do flower all
year, at least that clump do, mine don't.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.