Old 16-01-2012, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default OT Customer service

Around the 15th of december I went onto the Holland and Barrat web
site to place an order, I could get on but it wouldn't process my
order, so after around half a dozen failed attempts I emailed them
about it.
Today (16th Jan) I had a phone call from them apologising for the
problem and hopeing it had been resolved.
Just think if it hadn't been anything as urgent as a customer unable
to place an order how long they may have taken to respond.
David @ the usually wet end of Swansea Bay
Old 19-01-2012, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Around the 15th of december I went onto the Holland and Barrat web
site to place an order, I could get on but it wouldn't process my
order, so after around half a dozen failed attempts I emailed them
about it.
Today (16th Jan) I had a phone call from them apologising for the
problem and hopeing it had been resolved.
Just think if it hadn't been anything as urgent as a customer unable
to place an order how long they may have taken to respond.

What kind of urgent problem, other than not being able to buy their organic
chickpeas n stuff might that have been?
Irritating as it is, they don't have to respond quickly in order to save
your life.

Old 20-01-2012, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Christina Websell
writes

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Around the 15th of december I went onto the Holland and Barrat web
site to place an order, I could get on but it wouldn't process my
order, so after around half a dozen failed attempts I emailed them
about it.
Today (16th Jan) I had a phone call from them apologising for the
problem and hopeing it had been resolved.
Just think if it hadn't been anything as urgent as a customer unable
to place an order how long they may have taken to respond.

What kind of urgent problem, other than not being able to buy their organic
chickpeas n stuff might that have been?
Irritating as it is, they don't have to respond quickly in order to save
your life.

E-mail has almost killed the telephone call. If it's that urgent ring
them up - or just take your business elsewhere.
--
hugh
Old 21-01-2012, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:29:44 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Irritating as it is, they don't have to respond quickly in order to save
your life.

They do need to respond promptly to keep customers and to prevent
getting a bad reputation for customer service.