Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Allen Smith

Default m3 - HORRID customer service. AVOID

I have been waiting patienly for 6 weeks to a response to (1) email. I
received a response to the first in 2 days, but received no other
correspondence after that.
I learned through what they told me that the system that I purchashed
from them was missing several parts, in addition to the instruction
sheet. I ordered the m3 econo system about a year ago and have had it
running okay until it had a CO2 blow that killed most of my fish, even
with an open top.

I am frustrated at their lack of communication. I experienced this
first hand when I even tried to purchase the product in the first
place last year from them, took well over 2 months just to get shipped
to me - with parts missing (that I just now know about).

They have offered to send the missing parts to me, but refuse to
correspond to any of my emails. I have been polite and not bombareded
them, and only have sent 1 email per week asking why they do not
respond to any of my questions.

Specifically the important part I am missing is "a hard white washer"
that is placed between the CO2 tank and the rest of the sytem,
somewhat like a rubber washer in your sink I would suppose. Where can
I go about purchasing this hard white washer? I have looked in home
depot and lowe's to no avail. Maybe I don't know what section to look
in, but I feel like I've walked the entire store just trying to find
that small part.

Does anyone out there have an extra hard white washer for the m3 econo
system? I'll pay top dollar, because they won't send me one as
promised (they even said it would be free, but they never even asked
my address). Or does anyone have a weblink with a picture of the
object of my desire that I can purchase online or look for in another
hardware store? I am in desperate need, my plants have been w/o CO2
for 6 weeks and look miserable coated with algae.

In the bad case that I won't be able to find a proper washer that is
recommended by them, will a plastic washer that is of the right size
(black and semi-soft, the sink kind - I reliaze it is made for water
not a gas like CO2), do an at least better job than no washer at all?

As a result of this ordeal I will NEVER do business with m3 again and
I will recommend to all my associated to not deal with them (quite a
few, because I live in the same state as that business), and I will
consequently bring this topic to the BBB. I feel I have given them
sufficient time to resolve this issue. They are a business, and I have
a right to prompt customer service or I'm taking my hard earned money
elsewhere and I want others to know about making a choice by
purchashing an admitally quality m3 product (but most likely w/
missing parts). I hold no quarrel with their product, it far exceeds
my expectations, but the lost parts (they even forgot an instruction
sheet of all things!, in addition to the washer) far outweight the
good of any product that company offers.

I would advise to any plant enthusiast to take your business elsewhere
such as AquaBotanic and purchase your CO2 equipment there (it's still
m3 equipment if you want it), but their customer service is by FAR
much better.

I spent well near $200 at m3, and the least they could give me was
respectable customer service and the missing parts, but apparently
their business is not like that.

With much anger and disgust,
Allen Smith
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Paulio629

When I refill my cylinder the place gives me a couple spare washers. Check with
the place you fill your tank.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Robert H

(Allen Smith) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Actually I dont sell M3 equipment any more, havnt for several months.
I sell regulators made by Aqua medic, and I sell some of the same
stuff as M3, but I don't buy it from them. Sounds like what you need
is a gasket. You might try a local welding supply company that sells
industrial regulators. You could also use teflon tape to prevent any
leaks.

Robert H
www.aquabotanic.com
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
David Modine

"Allen Smith" wrote in message
om...

Specifically the important part I am missing is "a hard white washer"
that is placed between the CO2 tank and the rest of the sytem,
somewhat like a rubber washer in your sink I would suppose. Where can
I go about purchasing this hard white washer? I have looked in home
depot and lowe's to no avail. Maybe I don't know what section to look
in, but I feel like I've walked the entire store just trying to find
that small part.

I have no experience with the M3 kit, but I assume the washer is the same as
the one used on any standard regulator, like the (IMO) industry leader
Victor brand.
Ever time I swap tanks at my local bottled gas distributer, a new washer
comes with the refilled tank.
The original washers that came with my Victor's were white. The ones that
come with refills are gray.
Ask your local refiller for a few spares. They should give them to you for
free.

David

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Ghazanfar Ghori

M3 used to be really good until they moved early this year. From
what I hear, its been really hard getting a response from them. I
hope they recover from whatever has happened to them.

I usually get spare washers everytime I refill my CO2 tank from
the welding store - they toss it in for free. I can toss one
in the mail if you cannot find it locally. Just give me a buzz...
ghori at ghori dot net

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Rsfee

From what I understand m3 not only moved but also changed ownership. The
transition seems to have been very rough for them. I purchased my CO2 system
through them a year ago and had excellent service. I would not recommend buying
from them for at least six more months, but would not hesitate to give them a
second chance after that time.

Regards,

Richard Fee
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Allen Smith

Thanks everyone for the offers of free washers. I found someone
locally that had a spare.

Oddly the place I fill my CO2 up doesn't provide the washers, so I
never even knew I was supposed to have one. My m3 setup didn't have
instructions, so I didn't know, but at least now I do.

I also pay $22 for a refill on a 5lb cylinder, so I should probably
find another place I suppose when they don't even throw in a washer or
two, as it seems most places do.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Robert

Allen,
I fill my 10# tank at a local welding supply company and pay $5. for a fill.
You surely want to check around.