Old 31-01-2012, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Propagator trays for vegetables - how many cells?

but if you do double sow, and get extra plant, you can either destroy
one , or prick it out as you prefer.

You took the words out of my mouth.

Baz

Why?
If you leave both and plant ar pairs you will get 2 smaller final
plants if size isn't critical then leave 2 to each planting station.
Old 31-01-2012, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Jan 31, 4:35*pm, Baz wrote:
Dave Hill wrote in news:02c20ac5-fbfd-47ee-
:

but if you do double sow, and get extra plant, you can either destroy
one , or prick it out as you prefer.

You took the words out of my mouth.

Baz

Why?
If you leave both and plant ar pairs you will get 2 smaller final
plants if size isn't critical then leave 2 to each planting station.

Yes too. I like to keep the strongest though. Weeding out the weakest
surely aids the strongest. Am I wrong? Probably am wrong.

Baz

Depends what you want, One cabbage of 2 lbs or 2 of one pound.
You don't have to let both mature, you can cut one early,
With Cabbage, one for early greens the other to mature
With lettuce, one as salad leaves the other left to heart up.
With onions, sow several seeds, pull all but the strongest as salad
onions the last left to bulb up.
With Runner beans I always leave both and plant then train them appart.