Old 03-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Judy Rigby

Default clematis cuttings

On the way back from posting a letter, I passed the front garden of
someone hacking lumps off their clematis. So I now have a handful of
"cuttings". It's a montana, single lilac flowers with pale yellow
stamens.

What's the best bet for getting a root off this ? Should I root in
water or just stick them in a pot & hope ?
--
Judy
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluelotusrising/index.html
Old 03-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Registered User

Location: London

any experienced gardeners got the answer to this? i am interested in cuttings of clematis as well. would be much appreciated.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:32 PM
AllanJohnson

In message c088aca71d29ee7bba8c7375b31d8fdc@TeraNews, dommy
writes
any experienced gardeners got the answer to this? i am interested in
cuttings of clematis as well. would be much appreciated.
--
dommy

Prepare cuttings in the normal way:- clean cut with sharp blade, dip in
rooting hormone if you must BUT!!!! CUT HALFWAY BETWEEN LEAF NODES.
--
AllanJohnson
Old 08-05-2003, 01:20 AM
david

I seem to remember that some clematis root at the node whilst others are
inter node rooters, but How you tell which is which I don't know

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 08-05-2003, 12:08 PM
CathyLee

I.Cl.S. - The propagation of Clematis from cuttings - a discussion of
some causes of failure
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/clematis/prop.htm

--
CathyLee