Old 12-02-2012, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Holy Cabbages

I have some spring cabbage planted last october that are covered in holes,I
have inspected them regulally but found no sign of caterpiiar etc feeding on
them,I hoped it would stop after some frosts, but are still being eaten,any
advice appreciated. Mike in Northumberland.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , mikedawson77
@ntlworld.com says...

I have some spring cabbage planted last october that are covered in holes,I
have inspected them regulally but found no sign of caterpiiar etc feeding on
them,I hoped it would stop after some frosts, but are still being eaten,any
advice appreciated. Mike in Northumberland.

Pigeons love cabbage

Janet
Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Its possible although the the veg garden has high chicken wire frame,having
said that pidgeons do sit on post tops looking in!!
"Janet" wrote in message
In article , mikedawson77
@ntlworld.com says...

Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Feb 12, 3:15*pm, "RiversideRed" wrote:
Its possible although the the veg garden has high chicken wire frame,having
said that pidgeons do sit on post tops looking in!!"Janet" wrote in message

In article , mikedawson77
@ntlworld.com says...

I have some spring cabbage planted last october that are covered in
holes,I
have inspected them regulally but found no sign of caterpiiar etc feeding
on
them,I hoped it would stop after some frosts, but are still being
eaten,any
advice appreciated. Mike in Northumberland.

*Pigeons love cabbage

*Janet- Hide quoted text -

If that was Pigeons then the leaves would be pecked/eaten from the
outside in wards, and you would see V shaped marks left by their
beaks.
Each sort of thing that eats leaves will leave a different shaped
marks where they have been eating, you just have to look closely
David