Old 26-02-2012, 11:03 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Default Fools paradise

The warm weather reminds me that every year in early May I think to myself "*This* will be the year when at last I will be on top of the garden, and everything that needs to be done will be done". Does anyone else get this feeling?
__________________
Old 26-02-2012, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/02/2012 11:03, kay wrote:
The warm weather reminds me that every year in early May I think to
myself "*This* will be the year when at last I will be on top of the
garden, and everything that needs to be done will be done". Does anyone
else get this feeling?

Mmmm ... it's turned into a fleeting thought/hope, then the reality
check kicks in.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 26-02-2012, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:50:40 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 26/02/2012 11:03, kay wrote:
The warm weather reminds me that every year in early May I think to
myself "*This* will be the year when at last I will be on top of the
garden, and everything that needs to be done will be done". Does anyone
else get this feeling?

Mmmm ... it's turned into a fleeting thought/hope, then the reality
check kicks in.

In the last few years it's been more a case that through a lovely
sunny spring I get everything done and plan to enjoy the garden in the
summer. The only problem is that as soon as spring is over the rainy
season starts and on the odd dry day, I always notice something that
needs doing. The rainy season ends in mid September when I need to
start putting the garden to bed for the winter.

I must not complain though, it's much worse at the west end of the
Bay.

Thinking of getting the kitchen refitted with a barbecue in place of
the hob

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.
Old 27-02-2012, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"kay" wrote in message

The warm weather reminds me that every year in early May I think to
myself "*This* will be the year when at last I will be on top of the
garden, and everything that needs to be done will be done". Does anyone
else get this feeling?

--
kay

I know what you mean, for me that feeling is earlier and then I always
succumb to the temptation to do something extra (because I am top of
everything) then suddenly wham, it all takes off and the best you can do is
not get completely swamped. I can't remember the last time I haven't had a
half finished wall or project hanging over me.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 27-02-2012, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

kay wrote in news:kay.9bff9b6
@gardenbanter.co.uk:

The warm weather reminds me that every year in early May I think to
myself "*This* will be the year when at last I will be on top of the
garden, and everything that needs to be done will be done". Does anyone
else get this feeling?

I think we all think that, well I do.
If you feel one day you are on top of your garden then you should take
another hobby up, perhaps writing a book on gardening, or perhaps making a
tv show, as THEY do.(eg. Monty Don).
Don't lose heart, Kay, you are thinking just like the rest of us.

Baz

Old 27-02-2012, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"kay" wrote ..

The warm weather reminds me that every year in early May I think to
myself "*This* will be the year when at last I will be on top of the
garden, and everything that needs to be done will be done". Does anyone
else get this feeling?

NO, I'm behind already on the allotment, still not finished my winter
digging and haven't spread the manure yet.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 27-02-2012, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-02-27 08:36:26 +0000, "Charlie Pridham"
said:

"kay" wrote in message

The warm weather reminds me that every year in early May I think to
myself "*This* will be the year when at last I will be on top of the
garden, and everything that needs to be done will be done". Does anyone
else get this feeling?

--
kay

I know what you mean, for me that feeling is earlier and then I always
succumb to the temptation to do something extra (because I am top of
everything) then suddenly wham, it all takes off and the best you can do
is not get completely swamped. I can't remember the last time I haven't
had a half finished wall or project hanging over me.

How's the kitchen, Charlie?! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Today was a great day! the central heating has returned from Italy and we
are warm for the first time since early January, it also means now its back
in place I can finish the last bit of tiling, but its largely done now.