Old 25-03-2012, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default strange eggs in greenhouse

Is there a website for identifying eggs?
A gardening friend has just found sticky black eggs in her greenhouse
and all depending on friend or foe she wants to do what to do with
them!! They aren't very small (that doesn't sound right but I am sure
the grammar's correct) but they must be some kind of smallish creature.

Janet

Old 25-03-2012, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote in
:

Is there a website for identifying eggs?
A gardening friend has just found sticky black eggs in her greenhouse
and all depending on friend or foe she wants to do what to do with
them!! They aren't very small (that doesn't sound right but I am sure
the grammar's correct) but they must be some kind of smallish creature.

Janet

First thought is Amphibians.

Might be frog, newt or toad spawn, they don't need a pond or water to
spawn! I think that the spawn will need water to develop into taddies.

Baz
Old 25-03-2012, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Mar 25, 2:21*pm, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 11:47:44 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

Is there a website for identifying eggs?
A gardening friend has just found sticky black eggs in her greenhouse
and all depending on friend or foe she wants to do what to do with
them!! They aren't very small (that doesn't sound right but I am sure
the grammar's correct) but they must be some kind of smallish creature.

Janet

New Zealand flatworm? Seehttp://www.cromartygardening.com/index.asp?pageid=171361

and scroll down for egg pictures.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

I just wonder if they could be Lily beetle larvae, they cover
themselves in excrement as they dine their way through your lily.