Old 09-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackThumb View Post
Thank you for your reply!

Sorry, I didn't write my question well. The plant which I have is what I bought. I meant transplanted as in that's all I've done to it. (It hasn't produced pups, and I bought it at the size it is). Should I expect to see pups growing this spring/summer then? I would love to grow more!
I bought two aloe vera plants in 2002, and the following year had about 20! Little plants appear at the side. They are almost impossible to pot on when they have their pups, each plant will need a separate pot, as, being shallow routed, nearly all the pups detach from the main plant without needing separation.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Aloe Vera cuttings

I obtained a 'pup' last spring and when it was about the same size as yours
in October it produced several pups, and it has again recently produced
several more.

Thank you for your replies regarding the pumpkin seeds. I'll have to
find someone to give them to. Maybe next year!

Regarding the thread topic (I'm not sure how it got merged lol). Does
anyone know how long it takes for an aloe vera plant to start growing a
pup? I got one a week or two ago and transplanted it to a slightly
larger pot. it's still growing. It's about 1 foot high, with the bottom
leaf being a bit over 1 foot.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered User

Location: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros Butt View Post
I obtained a 'pup' last spring and when it was about the same size as yours
in October it produced several pups, and it has again recently produced
several more.

Thank you for your replies regarding the pumpkin seeds. I'll have to
find someone to give them to. Maybe next year!

Regarding the thread topic (I'm not sure how it got merged lol). Does
anyone know how long it takes for an aloe vera plant to start growing a
pup? I got one a week or two ago and transplanted it to a slightly
larger pot. it's still growing. It's about 1 foot high, with the bottom
leaf being a bit over 1 foot.
Thank you for your replies!

It seems they produce quite a bit then. I'm hoping I don't have to wait until next year tho! I want to have enough to be self sufficient with aloe vera, and then give lots away

Aloe Vera cuttings Higgs Boson Gardening 3 20-05-2014 12:28 AM
Aloe Vera Plants jammer Plant Biology 13 13-11-2005 09:07 PM
Aloe Vera Plants rusty Plant Biology 13 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Preserving Aloe Vera? Nicholas J Ruggiero Plant Biology 1 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Aloe vera - too soon to put outside? kate Gardening 17 25-03-2003 02:32 PM