Old 13-04-2012, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I know its OT but -------

----- but the swallows are back Yippee :-)))

kate

Forest of Dean
Gloucestershire
Old 16-04-2012, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Friday, 13 April 2012 10:33:30 UTC+1, wrote:
----- but the swallows are back Yippee :-)))

kate

Forest of Dean
Gloucestershire

How is that O/T? What's a garden wkithout birds?
Warblers are back here - Chiff-Chaff, Whitethroat, Willow Warbler etc and they make the garden a happier place.

Rod
Old 17-04-2012, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rod" wrote in message

On Friday, 13 April 2012 10:33:30 UTC+1, wrote:
----- but the swallows are back Yippee :-)))

kate

Forest of Dean
Gloucestershire

How is that O/T? What's a garden wkithout birds?
Warblers are back here - Chiff-Chaff, Whitethroat, Willow Warbler etc and
they make the garden a happier place.

Rod

I agree with you Rod, a garden without birds would be a very quiet place. I
put O.T. in the subject to save myself being told off by some bossy boots on
the group :-)

kate

Old 17-04-2012, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

put O.T. in the subject to save myself being told off by some bossy boots
on
the group :-)

You've posted here since 1997, long enough to be familiar with the often
mentioned and posted charter of this group; long enough to know that posts
about first frogspawn, swallow, cuckoo etc are well accepted annual
events. Nobody gets "told off" and they are NOT offtopic.

People reasonably get annoyed when longterm posters deliberately mislead
newbies or contrive flames.

Janet

Its my week for getting things wrong, and its only Tuesday :-)

Old 17-04-2012, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-17 15:36:50 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
said:

put O.T. in the subject to save myself being told off by some bossy
boots on
the group :-)

You've posted here since 1997, long enough to be familiar with the
often
mentioned and posted charter of this group; long enough to know that
posts
about first frogspawn, swallow, cuckoo etc are well accepted annual
events. Nobody gets "told off" and they are NOT offtopic.

People reasonably get annoyed when longterm posters deliberately mislead
newbies or contrive flames.

Janet

Its my week for getting things wrong, and its only Tuesday :-)

And there you were, worried you might get told off. ;-)) I think many
of us talk about wildlife as being as much a part of the garden as the
flowers and trees we have. After all, plenty of people make ponds or
plant specific things to attract wildlife, so no worries there, imo!
--
Sacha

Talking of ponds, just seen 11 ducklings with 'Mum' on my daughter and son
in law's pond. I think that there may be more yet because I think there is
another Duck sitting eggs on the Island in the middle.

Mike