Old 19-04-2012, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain, locals panicking.

On 19/04/2012 13:55, Baz wrote:
wrote in :

On 18/04/2012 23:14, Baz wrote:
Some of the residents of our street are panicking and getting out.

It is absolutely pouring now. I must admit it is a bit scary.

Nothing on the news channel yet but it surely must be.

Do be careful, Baz. A drowned garden is one thing ..

Take your tea-making kit upstairs and keep warm and dry. We'll pray for
a sunny bit for you.

Thanks for the wishes.
Would you beleive I have a 1970's Goblin Teasmaid which works perfectly.
NO SMARTY COMMENTS from some of the guys, please gentlemen, this should not
get like Jakes butt. erm talk he gave.

Sorry, Spider, I had to get that in.
The only problem with the Teasmaid is that it wakes me too early because it
starts to boil the water an hour before the tea is made. That is noisy.

We have only drizzle now and the crisp packet blowing around the lake which
used to be a lawn and is still floating.

Life!
Baz

Well, at least you have a sense of humour, that should keep your sanity
safe! You should perhaps be wary of electricity, as Janet (not Jake?)
says, if it gets really bad. I'm not an electrician, but a fireman's
daughter ;~). If you can't make a nice hot brew, a drop of scotch would
warm the cockles of your heart.

However, I do hope 'your' drizzle is the end of it, and you don't have a
ruined house to remedy. Good luck.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 19-04-2012, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:14:28 PM UTC+1, Baz wrote:
Some of the residents of our street are panicking and getting out.

It is absolutely pouring now. I must admit it is a bit scary.

Nothing on the news channel yet but it surely must be.

I very recently came across this
http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
haven't played with it long enough to assess its true worth,
but it could be useful. You can localise it too by searching
for and saving your location.

Old 19-04-2012, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:37:03 -0700 (PDT), Andy McC
wrote:

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:14:28 PM UTC+1, Baz wrote:
Some of the residents of our street are panicking and getting out.

It is absolutely pouring now. I must admit it is a bit scary.

Nothing on the news channel yet but it surely must be.

I very recently came across this
http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
haven't played with it long enough to assess its true worth,
but it could be useful. You can localise it too by searching
for and saving your location.

--

Indeed it is, since it updates every 15 minutes with an overall 15
minute delay in relation to real time, and if you run the 3 hour (or

Geoff

replace "geoff" by "galyles" and ignore home for real email address