Old 28-04-2012, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain and global warming

Current weather conditions are exactly in accord with scientific
models related to the effects of global warming! Seems though that
like the dismantling of the NHS no one really gives a shit about
global warming, which is the ultimate result of unconstrained greed,
and the fact that the very rich must be allowed to become even richer,
even if the planet is destroyed in the process.

I would imagine that if the global warming predictions are correct,
then before long we wont have definable seasons as such, and weather
conditions are likely to be an awful lot worse than they are
currently. The reason there is nothing about this in the corporate
media, is exactly the same one as why there was no mention of the NHS
finishing.
Old 29-04-2012, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/04/2012 23:18, Steerpike wrote:
Current weather conditions are exactly in accord with scientific
models related to the effects of global warming! Seems though that
like the dismantling of the NHS no one really gives a shit about
global warming, which is the ultimate result of unconstrained greed,
and the fact that the very rich must be allowed to become even richer,
even if the planet is destroyed in the process.

I would imagine that if the global warming predictions are correct,
then before long we wont have definable seasons as such, and weather
conditions are likely to be an awful lot worse than they are
currently. The reason there is nothing about this in the corporate
media, is exactly the same one as why there was no mention of the NHS
finishing.

So what is the concrete evidence that us humans have caused it? There
has been warming over the ages a number of times, the World still goes
round. How have we caused the increase of temperature on Mars?

Old 30-04-2012, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 29, 6:12*pm, Moonraker wrote:
On 28/04/2012 23:18, Steerpike wrote: Current weather conditions are exactly in accord with scientific
[...]

As those who make enormous sums of money from screwing the earth (not
sure if they are human!) control all the mainstream propaganda
conduits, its not that likely any meaningful "evidence" is likely to
come to light. However anyone who isnt living underground 24/7 should
be able to work out that weather patterns are getting pretty peculiar
to say the least.
Old 30-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
[...]

Steerpike, why don't you go away and learn about basic meteorology, the cause of major weather events and how they are affected by the El Nino and La Nina cycles in the Pacific and the North Atlantic oscillation before you trot out such rubbish, the NOAA and NASA web sites are a good place to start.

Models cannot even predict the weather accurately 2 weeks in advance let alone years, and then we had the professor that said, in 2002, that we'd never see snow in the UK again.

Back in the 50s and 60s we blamed runs of similar bad weather patterns on Atom bomb tests.

Also of course, according to Professor Phil Jones of the Climatic Research Unit, there has been no warming this century. So that alone kills your hypothesis.