Old 04-05-2012, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Back home to survey damage.

On 04/05/2012 13:44, Baz wrote:
wrote in news:XnsA0498A5F82B11myloelysister@
81.171.92.236:

wrote in
:

On Fri, 04 May 2012 12:05:20 GMT, wrote:

wrote in
:

On Fri, 04 May 2012 11:36:32 GMT, wrote:

wrote in
:

On Thu, 03 May 2012 14:41:15 GMT, wrote:

wrote in
:

Thanks to everyone who has shown concern.

Today we have a firm from the insurance to dry out the ground

floor.
Lots of dehumidifiers humming and buzzing with generators, almost
silent compared with the pumping noise nearby.

Insurer is glad to pay any expenses occurring including hotel. We

do
not need that because we are staying at sons house, but even so

they
propose to pay our upkeep and a bit extra. Goes on about
inconvenience. Another matter. I have got to say that our insurers
have been very good, so far. Even advising us to claim for carpet
renewal.

Well they are admitting liability by drying the ground floor?
What a mess. All we want is to move back in.
Baz

It's very good to hear that they have treated you well Baz.
Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Thankyou, Fuschia.
Just one bit of sh*t after another here. It will get better, sure of
it! We perhaps should have stayed put in the old house we lived in,
instead of this older and sh**tier one. Very much bigger garden here
and more rooms but we never even thought about floods, never been
floods here.

What does the Environment Agency flood map show for where your house
is located?
http://www.environment-

agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/default.aspx

Post code?

or town

Not being funny or smartass. could work?

Put the nearest place and drag the map to where you live.

Did do that and not recognised. even postcode. Joke?

Seems the floods may have affected your computer...

The page even when I put in S****horpe gave me

Did you mean: xanthippe

http://tinyurl.com/adrevd

Baz

How strange - it works fine here even for S****horpe

http://maps.environment-agency.gov.uk/wiyby/wiybyController?value=S****horpe&lang=_e&ep=map&to pic=floodmap&layerGroups=default&scale=9&textonly= off&submit.x=0&submit.y=0#x=485341&y=411389&lg=1,& scale=8

No idea if its assessment is correct or not.

Seems to think some areas round us which do flood are safe and it mostly
shades in zones within a few vertical feet of water courses.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 04-05-2012, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
Martin wrote in
:

On Fri, 04 May 2012 12:05:20 GMT, Baz wrote:

Martin wrote in
:

On Fri, 04 May 2012 11:36:32 GMT, Baz wrote:

Fuschia wrote in
om:

On Thu, 03 May 2012 14:41:15 GMT, Baz wrote:

Baz wrote in
2.222:

[...]

Not a joke, it worked for me on my post code. Apparently Felixstowe port is
in danger of flooding.

--
Kathy

Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 May 2012 23:53:40 +0100, "Kathy" wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:

news:7706q79cfgbbqfojrghbditorp0bo2ismt@4ax .com:

On Thu, 03 May 2012 14:41:15 GMT, Baz wrote:

Baz wrote in
.92.222:

[...]

You need 7-10 metre high sea defences like we have on the other side
of the North Sea. You can no longer see the sea from the boulevard in
Katwijk and from the beach they will soon be able to see a large wind
farm.

Do you know what the outcome was of objections to the Butt and
Oyster's new owners leveling the ground outside putting down decking.
It was reported in the Daily Telegraph but there was no follow up.

Sorry Martin but I know nothing about this! As far as I know it's still
owned by Deben Inns.

--
Kathy