Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire
Default ID on pretty flowering tree, please?

Any suggestions? Small, clearly ornamental tree, smooth grey bark, drooping panicles of white flowers, flowering now in Oxfordshi

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...0042012333.jpg

and

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...0042012334.jpg

Sorry they're not better photos, they were taken with my small phone camera!

Thanks in advance,

Rachel.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Oh, I'm not sure if those links are working - sorry, haven't used photobucket before.

Try again:

30042012333.jpg picture by Rachel101GardenBanter - Photobucket

and

30042012333.jpg picture by Rachel101GardenBanter - Photobucket

Does that work?

Rachel
Old 07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
'Sacha[_4_]958109']said:
Have a Google image search on Staphylea colchica. I think it's
probably that. Ours flowered in the garden here a few weeks ago.
They're beautiful trees (if I've got the right ID) and the flowers are
fragrant. Aka the bladdernut tree.
--
Sacha
South Devon

It doesn't seem to be terribly common, I certainly haven't seen one befo although now I am sure I will see them everywhere. Perhaps I'll go back in autumn and see if I can collect some of the seeds, I'd quite like to grow some of my own.

Thanks again,
Rachel