Old 20-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Registered User

Location: Cloud 9
Default advice for Azalea's

can someone tell me when would be the best time of the year to transfer these plants to another part of my garden, thanks for any Advice
Attached Thumbnails
advice for Azalea's-100_1343.jpg   advice for Azalea's-100_1344.jpg   advice for Azalea's-100_1346.jpg   advice for Azalea's-100_1345.jpg
Old 20-05-2012, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hello Everyone Just Joined

"newgardeneriam" wrote

Hi, Hope you can help with some queries in the next few months,

Welcome, to this Newsgroup.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 21-05-2012, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Welcome from another new member. I'm already gleaning information just from lurking and seeing what goes on.

I hope to get involved a bit more as my allotment takes shape; I have a few (it is a few as well) areas of expertise but mainly I'm learning about G-Y-O.

Jamie D
Old 21-05-2012, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

sowitgrowit! wrote:
Welcome from another new member. I'm already gleaning information just from lurking and seeing what goes on.

I hope to get involved a bit more as my allotment takes shape; I have a few (it is a few as well) areas of expertise but mainly I'm learning about G-Y-O.

I think we may need to do some allotment-photo sharing soon. I have been
rubbish with keeping my blog up, and I've not photo-ified it at all, which
is exactly what it needs.
Old 21-05-2012, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I'd love to see some photos of others' allotments (and obviously I'll offer
mine up, however I only took the plot on over the Easter Weekend so it is
far far far from the finished article!

It may be just the encouragement I need; before the camera can come out the
hoe has to make a trip to the 'lotty.

Regards

Jamie.

Old 21-05-2012, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

newgardeneriam wrote in
:

Hi, Hope you can help with some queries in the next few months,

You will get more out of this group if you ditch gardenbanter and come to
this group direct using a newsreader.
Ask about this and there are many people who will help you with the
newsreader. This suggestion is strongly advised.

Welcome anyway.
Baz

Old 21-05-2012, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-05-21 11:28:36 +0100, said:

sowitgrowit! wrote:
Welcome from another new member. I'm already gleaning information just
from lurking and seeing what goes on.

I hope to get involved a bit more as my allotment takes shape; I have a
few (it is a few as well) areas of expertise but mainly I'm learning
about G-Y-O.

I think we may need to do some allotment-photo sharing soon. I have been
rubbish with keeping my blog up, and I've not photo-ified it at all,
which
is exactly what it needs.

This makes me wonder if it's possible to get the urg Ring going again.
I'm not remotely techie so don't know what's involved but it would be good
if it could be done, imo.
--
Sacha

Good idea; people are interested in our garden here on the Isle of Wight

Keep us informed

Mike

Old 21-05-2012, 08:40 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgardeneriam View Post
can someone tell me when would be the best time of the year to transfer these plants to another part of my garden, thanks for any Advice
As a general principle, the best time of year to move any shrub is when it's dormant. Either after leaf drop in autumn, or before it comes back into growth in spring.

If you have to move it at a different time of year, then dig up as big a root ball as possible, and get it into the new hole immediately.
__________________
Old 21-05-2012, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

sowitgrowit! wrote:
I'd love to see some photos of others' allotments (and obviously I'll offer
mine up, however I only took the plot on over the Easter Weekend so it is
far far far from the finished article!

It may be just the encouragement I need; before the camera can come out the
hoe has to make a trip to the 'lotty.

Maybe you should start taking photos of your work in progress.
Old 21-05-2012, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Sacha wrote:
This makes me wonder if it's possible to get the urg Ring going again.
I'm not remotely techie so don't know what's involved but it would be
good if it could be done, imo.

urg ring ... ?

Old 21-05-2012, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21 May 2012 21:45:04 GMT, wrote:

Sacha wrote:
This makes me wonder if it's possible to get the urg Ring going again.
I'm not remotely techie so don't know what's involved but it would be
good if it could be done, imo.

urg ring ... ?

It seems to continue to exist already at:

http://www.u-r-g.co.uk/urgring1.htm

Although it doesn't work

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.
Old 22-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Doghouse Riley's Avatar
Registered User

I'd leave it to the autumn, most azaleas are now in flower followed by a growing period where next year's blooms are formed. As has been suggested, after the summer but before the first frosts. They like an acid soil. They are shallow rooted so don't let them get short of water when it's really hot, (if it ever is this year).
Our garden is full of azaleas.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7594/p1040191o.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8761/p1040192m.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8065/p1040187z.jpg
__________________
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners!
I don't like 'em myself! They're pretty bad.
I grieve over them on long winter evenings."
Old 22-05-2012, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
lid says...

Sacha wrote:
This makes me wonder if it's possible to get the urg Ring going again.
I'm not remotely techie so don't know what's involved but it would be
good if it could be done, imo.

urg ring ... ?

It seems to continue to exist already at:

http://www.u-r-g.co.uk/urgring1.htm

Although it doesn't work

Long defunct. Well over a decade ago the urgring was designed by and
hosted on the web pages of a poster who was also its webmaster;
considerable work for him.

He left urg years ago, and no longer hosts/supports the urgring (why
should he).

Janet
Old 24-05-2012, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"newgardeneriam" wrote in
message ...

Hi, Hope you can help with some queries in the next few months,

It would be helpful if you sed a proper ISP and subscibed directly to
uk.rec.gardening rather than use a stupid thing like gardenbanter.

Alan

--
newgardeneriam

Backyard Azalea 3Putt in Coastal SC Garden Photos 0 01-04-2009 01:24 AM
azalea papanix United Kingdom 6 19-11-2003 11:22 AM
azalea questions Tanya Gardening 6 11-02-2003 05:55 PM
[IBC] azalea basics Steve Wolfinger Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 05:26 AM