Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered User

Location: Wolverhampton
Default slabbed patio

Hi
Forgive me if I am covering old ground.
I am not skilled in web use and find it very difficult to navigate.
I am a retired man living in the West Midlands.
I recently changed churches and I was asked if I would take on the church garden. This was no big problem as it had been quite well maintained.
However, I realised that part of the job involved keeping the patio area weeded.
Now, this is a HUGE area of paving stones and, as the church is about fifty years old, weeds have very seriously established themselves between them.
I have already weeded the patio twice this year. It takes (me anyway) a full day and it is very hard work.
I have never had this problem before so I wonder if anyone would like to make a suggestion - bearing in mind that if a weed-killer is suggested it needs to be cost-effective. A friendly council worker who passed by while I was weeding suggested Roundup. Now, I don't know how good this is - but it is hugely expensive for a pensioner (and, yes, I would like to bear the cost myself as part of my church giving).
Thank you
Keith