Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A breath of French air?

Friends on the allotment are just starting to pick a few early french
beans. Lots of broad beans and too many peas to pull. Some nice Swift first
early potatoes as well.
Runner beans are just flowering as are the outdoor tomatoes. Nothing else
to see really.

I know what we will be having for tea tomorrow if I know my friend.

Baz
Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Friends on the allotment are just starting to pick a few early french
beans. Lots of broad beans and too many peas to pull. Some nice Swift
first
early potatoes as well.
Runner beans are just flowering as are the outdoor tomatoes. Nothing else
to see really.

I know what we will be having for tea tomorrow if I know my friend.

Another H E Bates fan?

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 11-07-2012, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
Friends on the allotment are just starting to pick a few early french
beans. Lots of broad beans and too many peas to pull. Some nice Swift
first
early potatoes as well.
Runner beans are just flowering as are the outdoor tomatoes. Nothing
else to see really.

I know what we will be having for tea tomorrow if I know my friend.

Another H E Bates fan?

I wondered how long it would take you to figure that one out, Wilson. Said
Captain Mainwaring.

A bit of a watcher than a reader, as is obvious, but my daughter has a
bookcase with probably 20 in there. She has grown up and gone now, but when
shes here, look out bookcase. She used to actually spend her pocket money
at jumble or car boot sales, or buy a new one at W.H.Smiths. Then my
Stephen Donaldson collection got lesser and lesser when she went to 6th
form(as it was then) The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant is a must read if
you are interested. But there are 10 books. Took me a long time to read cos
I have a bit of read/ write problem.
But yes, I have many talking books by H E Bates, some very surreal.

Baz
Old 11-07-2012, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
Friends on the allotment are just starting to pick a few early french
beans. Lots of broad beans and too many peas to pull. Some nice Swift
first
early potatoes as well.
Runner beans are just flowering as are the outdoor tomatoes. Nothing
else to see really.

I know what we will be having for tea tomorrow if I know my friend.

Another H E Bates fan?

I wondered how long it would take you to figure that one out, Wilson. Said
Captain Mainwaring.

I clocked it straight away I am a Dad's Army fan too We have a full
set of all the available series.

A bit of a watcher than a reader, as is obvious, but my daughter has a
bookcase with probably 20 in there. She has grown up and gone now, but
when
shes here, look out bookcase. She used to actually spend her pocket money
at jumble or car boot sales, or buy a new one at W.H.Smiths. Then my
Stephen Donaldson collection got lesser and lesser when she went to 6th
form(as it was then) The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant is a must read if
you are interested. But there are 10 books. Took me a long time to read
cos
I have a bit of read/ write problem.
But yes, I have many talking books by H E Bates, some very surreal.

Many, many years ago I was in hospital for an extended period. The hospital
librarian had a good selection and I read all of Bates I could get my hands
on

I have seen all the televised stuff and at first it took me ages to
recognise the stories. When one has the characters and stories in ones mind
it is hard to accept someone else's imagination ... if you see what I mean

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, of course I know what you mean. I could not have put it better.
I have had this deja vous many times.and it can be spooky, as you know.

Baz

Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
[...]

I do indeed

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message

I clocked it straight away I am a Dad's Army fan too We have a full
set of all the available series.

How many episodes?

I'm not at home so I can't count, but we have the complete collection
including the Christmas specials. The only things missing are some episodes
of series 2 of which there is apparently no recording.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Dont hold your breath.... PC Australia 5 18-06-2010 03:09 AM
'Breath of Heaven' Sacha United Kingdom 2 06-08-2007 01:08 PM
Baby's Breath red Gardening 1 22-01-2006 09:01 PM
heaven's breath Heidi Gardening 2 08-05-2004 03:02 PM