Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Last nights thunder

Here in the wilds of Swansea bay last night we had thunder rolling all
over the place, but just caught the fringes of the rain until around
Midnight when we had the daddy of thunder and a hard half an inch of rain.
A lot of it has gone in and there are just a few puddles remaining now.
Managed to plant a few dahlias despite the mud on my boots so now I have
9 beds planted, that's around 2000 plants in and just around another
1000 to go.
David
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
Here in the wilds of Swansea bay last night we had thunder rolling all
over the place, but just caught the fringes of the rain until around
Midnight when we had the daddy of thunder and a hard half an inch of rain.
A lot of it has gone in and there are just a few puddles remaining now.
Managed to plant a few dahlias despite the mud on my boots so now I have 9
beds planted, that's around 2000 plants in and just around another 1000 to
go.
David

I certainly did hear it but it seemed to be along way off. I did "see"
one big flash through closed eyelidids. The rain sounded very heavy here in
Glais.

Bill

Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/08/2012 20:23, Bill Grey wrote:
"David Hill" wrote in message
Here in the wilds of Swansea bay last night we had thunder rolling all
over the place, but just caught the fringes of the rain until around
Midnight when we had the daddy of thunder and a hard half an inch of rain.
A lot of it has gone in and there are just a few puddles remaining now.
Managed to plant a few dahlias despite the mud on my boots so now I have 9
beds planted, that's around 2000 plants in and just around another 1000 to
go.
David

I certainly did hear it but it seemed to be along way off. I did "see"
one big flash through closed eyelidids. The rain sounded very heavy here in
Glais.

Bill

A lot of it was over the Channel, but one lot was just over the mountain
from you, and we were under it.
The wife said it went on till after 4am, I slept through most of it.
We were wondering where you had gone to.
David @ the thundery end of Swansea Bay.
Old 13-08-2012, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
[...]

I've not been "active" since April as my wife has been in hospital - she is
now home and I'm head cook and bottle washer, no time for much NG stuff :-)

Bill

Old 13-08-2012, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry to hear about your wife Bill, I hope she is on the mend now.
I know the problem I have the same duties here as well as everything
else that has to be done. Doesn't help when the wife has no appetite and
no interest in food either.
Do keep in touch.
David

Old 14-08-2012, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
[...]

:-)

Bill

Sorry to hear about your wife Bill, I hope she is on the mend now.
I know the problem I have the same duties here as well as everything else
that has to be done. Doesn't help when the wife has no appetite and no
interest in food either.
Do keep in touch.
David

Anne is improving slowly, but has a long way to go yet before she can be
considered mobile. A souped up Zimmer Frame is her mode of transport at the
moment. Gladly she's got well over the loss of appetite - it wasn't the
quality of hospital food that was the problem, she just didn't want to eat

I sincerely hope your problems will resove themselves soon.

Best wishes

Bill

Thunder Storms 'Mike' United Kingdom 1 15-07-2007 05:00 PM
Stealing Eric's thunder K Barrett Orchid Photos 0 07-05-2007 04:03 AM
Last nights walk around the pond ~Roy~ Ponds 5 24-03-2005 02:03 PM
Leucophyllum pruinosum 'Thunder Cloud' Terry Horton Texas 0 18-09-2003 04:12 PM
latest issue of Distant Thunder, by the Forest Steward's Guild Joe Zorzin alt.forestry 0 12-03-2003 01:44 PM