Old 23-03-2005, 01:17 PM
~Roy~

Default Last nights walk around the pond

I usually go out at all hours and walk around the pond etc, and last
night there wa a mighty chorus of toads carry on. I have three or so
areas with heavy thick covering so foparrots feather, which may extend
perhaps 8 feet from the shore outwards and maybe 5-20 feet long...They
were literally covered up in toads setting on the thick covering of PF
all calling up their girlfriends..........I also spotted quite a few
bullfrogs, one of which is absolutley HUGE

Old 23-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Yup, they were loud last night.
It rained and made them louder.
Sometimes they keep me up.
Priss

Old 23-03-2005, 04:27 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Yup, they were loud last night.
It rained and made them louder.
Sometimes they keep me up.
Priss

We've gotten rain and the chorus has definitely quadrupled, but I've been
sleeping great since their arrival. Their music is just like a lullaby for
me, spring it on it's way. ) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 23-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Benign Vanilla

"~Roy~" wrote in message
I usually go out at all hours and walk around the pond etc, and last
night there wa a mighty chorus of toads carry on. I have three or so
areas with heavy thick covering so foparrots feather, which may extend
perhaps 8 feet from the shore outwards and maybe 5-20 feet long...They
were literally covered up in toads setting on the thick covering of PF
all calling up their girlfriends..........I also spotted quite a few
bullfrogs, one of which is absolutley HUGE

The SO and I were driving down one of the more wooded roads in our
neighborhood last night. As we passed large flooded, swampy area, I swore
there was a huge chorus of toads chirping away. We were way past it by the
time I got the window down.

Spring is coming.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 24-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Roy,

Where do you live? We haven't got our toads yet in MS.

Jim

Old 24-03-2005, 02:03 PM
~Roy~

South central Alabama
Last night there was even more toads out and a lot more love calls
than the night before........

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:12:58 -0600, "Phyllis and Jim Hurley"
wrote:

===Roy,
===
===Where do you live? We haven't got our toads yet in MS.
===
===Jim
===
==="~Roy~" wrote in message
t...
=== I usually go out at all hours and walk around the pond etc, and last
=== night there wa a mighty chorus of toads carry on. I have three or so
=== areas with heavy thick covering so foparrots feather, which may extend
=== perhaps 8 feet from the shore outwards and maybe 5-20 feet long...They
=== were literally covered up in toads setting on the thick covering of PF
=== all calling up their girlfriends..........I also spotted quite a few
=== bullfrogs, one of which is absolutley HUGE
===
=== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked!
===