Old 13-10-2012, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Changing threads instead of opening a new one.

Have folks here forgotten how to start a new thread?
We seem to be getting marathon sessions running to around 50 or so posts
with the topic changing several times.
Having to troll through so many to find the new item gets a bit much, So
come on fresh topics please
Old 13-10-2012, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/10/2012 21:20, The Original Jake wrote:
On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:27:30 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 19:13:03 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Have folks here forgotten how to start a new thread?
We seem to be getting marathon sessions running to around 50 or so posts
with the topic changing several times.
Having to troll through so many to find the new item gets a bit much, So
come on fresh topics please

Thunderbird can show you only posts that you haven't read.

Otherwise you are right of course.

Dave has, I think, succumbed to the temptations of a proper
newsreader. Must be honest, I agree with him that threads get long,
long, long and even longer. When they reach the limit of my monitor
display I set them to "ignore" and "delete". And that happens a couple
of times a week.

In the old days, I remember the ability to hive off a sub-thread with
a new title but this doesn't happen now. I don't know if this is the
result of a news server setting or wot.

Still, I agree with Dave (because as things stand I'm probably missing
a lot more than just the musings of the like of Steerpike and his
multiple identities (and masquerades), Corvus and other residents of
the IOW).

Incidentally, here it didn't rain today. Some funny people wearing bed
linen danced up the street in a paean of thanksgiving.

Does that mean that the men were paean e's?
Well we do have to keep to a gardening thread, don't we.

Old 13-10-2012, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Actually, looking at them I thought they were overdoing the muscarii.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.
Old 13-10-2012, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Have folks here forgotten how to start a new thread?
We seem to be getting marathon sessions running to around 50 or so posts
with the topic changing several times.
Having to troll through so many to find the new item gets a bit much, So
come on fresh topics please

I think it is just nature that threads wander around a bit. If people learnt
to snip parts irrelevant to their post it would stop me getting 'scroll
finger'.
Pete C

Old 14-10-2012, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"The Original Jake" wrote in message

Incidentally, here it didn't rain today. Some funny people wearing bed
linen danced up the street in a paean of thanksgiving.

lol well at least that sounds jolly

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 15-10-2012, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pete C
writes
I think it is just nature that threads wander around a bit. If people learnt
to snip parts irrelevant to their post it would stop me getting 'scroll
finger'.
Pete C

I agree Pete. I sometimes just scroll through stuff that goes off the
monitor and just read the ones that actually appear on the screen!
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 15-10-2012, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Janet Tweedy wrote:
I think it is just nature that threads wander around a bit. If people learnt
to snip parts irrelevant to their post it would stop me getting 'scroll
finger'.

I agree Pete. I sometimes just scroll through stuff that goes off the
monitor and just read the ones that actually appear on the screen!

I've been known to do that when I get bored spacing down. Which is a shame,
but probably less of a shame than the time wasted and the damage done to my
thumb otherwise ...
Old 16-10-2012, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pete C
writes
I think it is just nature that threads wander around a bit. If people learnt
to snip parts irrelevant to their post it would stop me getting 'scroll
finger'.

Grump Particularly when its just to add 'lol' or something
similar./Grump
--
regards andyw