Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default which cloche/poly tunnel?

Over the years I''ve tried and been disappointed with lots of what
appeared to be superb tunnel cloches. They have all had drawbacks such
as being extremely fiddly to get to crops or blown away or plastic has
split very quickly.

Want to just protect a row of crops during the worst of the weather and
maybe sow some early crops?

Any opinions?
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 11-11-2012, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote in news:0C
:

Over the years I''ve tried and been disappointed with lots of what
appeared to be superb tunnel cloches. They have all had drawbacks such
as being extremely fiddly to get to crops or blown away or plastic has
split very quickly.

Want to just protect a row of crops during the worst of the weather and
maybe sow some early crops?

Any opinions?

To stop them blowing away, or ripping apart I cover all edges with lots of
soil, burying anything that can get wind under. They ARE fiddly to get to
crops after that.
With plasic/polythene ones the best way I have found to water the crop is
to make a piece of hosepipe aprox 300mm longer than the tunnel with a bung
at one end and a hosepipe connector at the other end. Drill 3mm holes
throughout it's length at 30mm intervals and fix it to the ground inside
the tunnel with home made U shaped bits of timber, or anything you can
think of to stop it whiplashing around when the water is turned on.(of
course you set the pipe before the tunnel is placed)
When you need to water the tunnel, just connect your main hosepipe to the
one in the tunnel. When it is watered just disconnect it.
It works very well indeed.
I hope you can understand my instructions, I am not that good at explaining
just what I mean.

Baz

Old 11-11-2012, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Baz
writes
I hope you can understand my instructions, I am not that good at explaining
just what I mean.

Baz

No very clear Baz thank you

Over the years i have just bought what I considered, at the time, the
ultimate tunnel cloche for vegetables only to wish i hadn't some weeks
later!
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 11-11-2012, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote in
:

In article , Baz
writes
I hope you can understand my instructions, I am not that good at
explaining just what I mean.

Baz

No very clear Baz thank you

Over the years i have just bought what I considered, at the time, the
ultimate tunnel cloche for vegetables only to wish i hadn't some weeks
later!

We all do that. Just have to make do and mend best we can

Baz

poly tunnel cover Kate Morgan United Kingdom 7 26-05-2012 03:10 PM
Poly Tunnel No Name United Kingdom 0 25-05-2011 11:14 PM
poly tunnel Kate Morgan United Kingdom 20 22-04-2011 12:36 PM
[IBC] Poly Tunnel Covering audgen Bonsai 1 13-04-2003 06:32 PM