Old 01-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up billit

Is there anyone out there who could tell me if I can buy a real christmas tree that has got roots on that I can buy with a view to growing it on after christmas, the one I have got has outgrown the lounge that we usually stand it in I live in the Portsmouth area
Old 01-12-2012, 06:24 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billit View Post
Is there anyone out there who could tell me if I can buy a real christmas tree that has got roots on that I can buy with a view to growing it on after christmas, the one I have got has outgrown the lounge that we usually stand it in I live in the Portsmouth area
Yes, they should be widely available. Our local independent garden centre has lots.
__________________
Old 01-12-2012, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default billit

On 01/12/2012 13:21, Billit wrote:
Is there anyone out there who could tell me if I can buy a real
christmas tree that has got roots on that I can buy with a view to
growing it on after christmas, the one I have got has outgrown the
lounge that we usually stand it in I live in the Portsmouth area

Loads around, you just have to go out and look.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 01/12/2012 13:21, Billit wrote:
Is there anyone out there who could tell me if I can buy a real
christmas tree that has got roots on that I can buy with a view to
growing it on after christmas, the one I have got has outgrown the
lounge that we usually stand it in I live in the Portsmouth area

Loads around, you just have to go out and look.

but aren't most cut off at ground level to stop such a thing happening?

Mike

Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/12/2012 13:21, Billit wrote:
Is there anyone out there who could tell me if I can buy a real
christmas tree that has got roots on that I can buy with a view to
growing it on after christmas, the one I have got has outgrown the
lounge that we usually stand it in I live in the Portsmouth area

1) Yes there is. Me. You can buy rooted trees.
2) Local suppliers may be few and far between so try a web search on
"potted Christmas trees" or "rooted Christmas trees" for mail order
suppliers.
3) When posting messages, please use a subject title that means
something, not your "ID". Then those who know will react to the
question. "Billit" means absolutely nothing and so will be ignored by
many here.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/12/2012 21:49, The Original Jake wrote:

3) When posting messages, please use a subject title that means
something, not your "ID". Then those who know will react to the
question. "Billit" means absolutely nothing and so will be ignored by
many here.

He's been told that numerous times. He's either a troll or moron.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 11:21:46 +0100, David in Normandy wrote:

3) When posting messages, please use a subject title that means
something, not your "ID". Then those who know will react to the
question. "Billit" means absolutely nothing and so will be ignored by
many here.

He's been told that numerous times. He's either a troll or moron.

Naw just the normal dumb ass using gardenbanter.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/02/2012 12:13 PM, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 11:21:46 +0100, David in Normandy wrote:

3) When posting messages, please use a subject title that means
something, not your "ID". Then those who know will react to the
question. "Billit" means absolutely nothing and so will be ignored by
many here.

He's been told that numerous times. He's either a troll or moron.

Naw just the normal dumb ass using gardenbanter.

Or maybe just a confused old duffer. We're all headed that way, a
little understanding wouldn't go amiss.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:41 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Liquorice[_2_] View Post
Naw just the normal dumb ass using gardenbanter.
Thank you for letting me know the low regard with which you view my posts. I'll try to remember not to respond to you in the future.
__________________
Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The Original Jake wrote in
:

[...]

BTW. unlucky yesterday. (rugby)

Baz

Old 02-12-2012, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 13:38:58 GMT, Baz wrote:

BTW. unlucky yesterday. (rugby)

Baz

At times, I get very forgetful. Yesterday? Last week? )

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 02-12-2012, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The Original Jake wrote in
:

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 13:38:58 GMT, Baz wrote:

BTW. unlucky yesterday. (rugby)

Baz

At times, I get very forgetful. Yesterday? Last week? )

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Yesterday, Wales v Australia
Sorry Jake, I thought you were a supporter. Must have my wires twisted.

Baz
Old 02-12-2012, 09:00 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billit View Post
Is there anyone out there who could tell me if I can buy a real christmas tree that has got roots on that I can buy with a view to growing it on after christmas, the one I have got has outgrown the lounge that we usually stand it in I live in the Portsmouth area
Billit, when you start a question on gb, you have two boxes, one saying "title", one saying "message". If you could type something different into "title", eg "Christmas trees with roots", rather than "billit", there would be two good results:

1) people who don't read everything but only those questions they are interested in would be more likely to read your post and give you and answer

2) if you ask more than one question, you'd be less likely to have all the answers mixed up together.

billit Billit United Kingdom 2 27-06-2008 11:14 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 26-06-2008 08:48 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 18-06-2008 06:45 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 12-06-2008 09:42 AM
billit Billit United Kingdom 9 31-03-2008 09:20 PM