Old 27-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered User

Question billit

I have asked about this shrub before and had no success but I have now been told it has got the name THE HANDKERCHIEF TREE but I still do not know whether this is correct as anyone out there ever heard of this name. obviously this is not the correct name but I think may be it gets the name because the flower when fully open looks like a delicate handkerchief.
Old 27-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billit View Post
I have asked about this shrub before and had no success but I have now been told it has got the name THE HANDKERCHIEF TREE but I still do not know whether this is correct as anyone out there ever heard of this name. obviously this is not the correct name but I think may be it gets the name because the flower when fully open looks like a delicate handkerchief.
No picture, but the Handkerchief Tree is the common name for: Davidia involucrata. It is also known as the Dove Tree.

billit Billit United Kingdom 3 22-07-2008 04:38 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 26-06-2008 08:48 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 18-06-2008 06:45 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 12-06-2008 09:42 AM
billit Billit United Kingdom 9 31-03-2008 09:20 PM