Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Registered User

Default Are willow leaves acid and are they good for compost

hallo,

lovely large willow sheds its leaves by the bagful every year.

QUESTIONS
1. will its leaves produce acidy soil when composted e.g. good for heathers?
2. can i mix the leaves in with the compost-heap - wont they make it too acid for my beans and peas next year?
3. using some of the leaves to cover ajuga,etc for winter but will the leaves not suffocate the low-lying ajuga?

thanks

karaman