Old 29-01-2013, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frogs Are Wooing!

I think I've got telepathic frogs! The weather forecast for tomorrow
being dry, I'd planned to spend the day giving the pond its spring
clean (earlier than usual but then I wouldn't have to worry about
frogs spawning).

But the blighters are hard at it today! Definitely frogs, not toads.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.
Old 29-01-2013, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:24:30 +0000, The Original Jake
wrote:

I think I've got telepathic frogs! The weather forecast for tomorrow
being dry, I'd planned to spend the day giving the pond its spring
clean (earlier than usual but then I wouldn't have to worry about
frogs spawning).

But the blighters are hard at it today! Definitely frogs, not toads.

The early frog catches the, um, other early frog.

Here in south Devon they usually arrive in mid-February but my records
show that in 2008 we had two turn up on 19 January.
--
rbel
Old 29-01-2013, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I think I've got telepathic frogs! The weather forecast for tomorrow
being dry, I'd planned to spend the day giving the pond its spring
clean (earlier than usual but then I wouldn't have to worry about
frogs spawning).

But the blighters are hard at it today! Definitely frogs, not toads.

The early frog catches the, um, other early frog.

Here in south Devon they usually arrive in mid-February but my records
show that in 2008 we had two turn up on 19 January.

My - ahem - records show we first saw them on 17 February last year.
'records' being a euphemism for my very untidy diary! Going by
tonight's particular 'take' on the gales, any frogs here would be
airborne in about 5 minutes.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 29-01-2013, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 23:12:58 +0100, Martin wrote:

My - ahem - records show we first saw them on 17 February last year.
'records' being a euphemism for my very untidy diary! Going by
tonight's particular 'take' on the gales, any frogs here would be
airborne in about 5 minutes.

I can hear your frogs passing overhead as I type.

Fitted with Jetex motors or just rubber bands?

G.Harman
Old 30-01-2013, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I think I've got telepathic frogs! The weather forecast for tomorrow
being dry, I'd planned to spend the day giving the pond its spring
clean (earlier than usual but then I wouldn't have to worry about
frogs spawning).

But the blighters are hard at it today! Definitely frogs, not toads.

The early frog catches the, um, other early frog.

Here in south Devon they usually arrive in mid-February but my records
show that in 2008 we had two turn up on 19 January.

My - ahem - records show we first saw them on 17 February last year.
'records' being a euphemism for my very untidy diary! Going by
tonight's particular 'take' on the gales, any frogs here would be
airborne in about 5 minutes.

I can hear your frogs passing overhead as I type.

I was quite surprised to see that you're not on a boat somewhere! But
today has been mainly mild at 10C with some sun. The fish have come to
the top of the pond and it's a lot nicer than the last few days! We had
a brief spell of high wind but it's all calmed down now.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 31-01-2013, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I think I've got telepathic frogs! The weather forecast for tomorrow
being dry, I'd planned to spend the day giving the pond its spring
clean (earlier than usual but then I wouldn't have to worry about
frogs spawning).

But the blighters are hard at it today! Definitely frogs, not toads.

The early frog catches the, um, other early frog.

Here in south Devon they usually arrive in mid-February but my records
show that in 2008 we had two turn up on 19 January.

My - ahem - records show we first saw them on 17 February last year.
'records' being a euphemism for my very untidy diary! Going by
tonight's particular 'take' on the gales, any frogs here would be
airborne in about 5 minutes.

Given that last night's horrendous gale was from the west that would
explain the frog that turned up in our pond overnight. The wind
direction was right from Landscove and I imagine that it must have
been caught in an updraught to reach the top of our hill.
--
rbel
Old 31-01-2013, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:23:59 +0000, rbel wrote:

Given that last night's horrendous gale was from the west that would
explain the frog that turned up in our pond overnight. The wind
direction was right from Landscove and I imagine that it must have
been caught in an updraught to reach the top of our hill.

I now have 4 clumps of frog spawn and the numbers of frogs I'm seeing
in the pond each day is increasing rapidly. Had to "rescue" a couple
from the lawn today and return to the water.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

There was something waving madly as it flew past our window last night,
now you mention it!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 2 01-09-2004 07:06 PM
frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 0 31-08-2004 10:24 PM
FROGS - Bull Frogs, Leopard Frogs, Spring Peepers (Was BullFrogs) Heather Ponds 1 03-06-2003 06:20 PM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Feeding Frogs Rupert Ponds 1 30-01-2003 05:20 AM