Old 24-03-2013, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Just joined

Bigolob wrote:
How are your Beans growing or do you sow later?

I sowed mine a few weeks ago, but it's been too cold to go back and
check. I suspect they have rotted in the ground. Or mice have eaten
them on the way up. I meant to plant the spares in pots, but I didn't
get aroudn to it.

Plenty of time yet.

Old 24-03-2013, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Vicky wrote ...

Bigolob wrote:
How are your Beans growing or do you sow later?

I sowed mine a few weeks ago, but it's been too cold to go back and
check. I suspect they have rotted in the ground. Or mice have eaten
them on the way up. I meant to plant the spares in pots, but I didn't
get aroudn to it.

Plenty of time yet.

Sowed our peas in guttering nearly three weeks ago and whilst they are
making some growth nothing is yet above ground, it's just too cold. If you
look at the spring bulbs they have mostly stopped growing too.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 24-03-2013, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Bob Hobden wrote:
Sowed our peas in guttering nearly three weeks ago and whilst they are
making some growth nothing is yet above ground, it's just too cold. If you
look at the spring bulbs they have mostly stopped growing too.

Wouldn't know, ours all got dug up by the blasted chickens. :-(
Old 25-03-2013, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Vicky wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
Sowed our peas in guttering nearly three weeks ago and whilst they are
making some growth nothing is yet above ground, it's just too cold. If
you
look at the spring bulbs they have mostly stopped growing too.

Wouldn't know, ours all got dug up by the blasted chickens. :-(

It's because of the mice problem on our allotment that make it impossible to
grow them there that we plant peas in guttering at home. With our large
black cat waiting for anything to just try to dig them up.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 25-03-2013, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Bob Hobden wrote:
It's because of the mice problem on our allotment that make it impossible to
grow them there that we plant peas in guttering at home. With our large
black cat waiting for anything to just try to dig them up.

We did the peas-in-gutters last year, but they got straggley before we
had a chance to put them out, which then retarded their growth a bit. :-/

Old 25-03-2013, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Vicky wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
It's because of the mice problem on our allotment that make it impossible
grow them there that we plant peas in guttering at home. With our large
black cat waiting for anything to just try to dig them up.

We did the peas-in-gutters last year, but they got straggley before we
had a chance to put them out, which then retarded their growth a bit. :-/

We leave ours outside anyway, resting across the arms of our bench and also
on a low wall.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.