Old 19-06-2007, 10:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Is the ng very quiet, or is it just me?

Several nights with no posts; others with 2 or 3. Same old question, is it the
group, or my server?
Dave Gillingham

Old 19-06-2007, 03:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Is the ng very quiet, or is it just me? A piccie 4 U

I think the group has been busy elsewhere Dave. Four days is a record for
me & I just worry that if there is no
traffic our newsgroup will drop off!!!!!
Cheers Wendy
"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Several nights with no posts; others with 2 or 3. Same old question, is
it the
group, or my server?
Dave Gillingham

Attached Thumbnails
Is the ng very quiet, or is it just me?-den-garnetbeautysusuki-291-00982.jpg
Old 19-06-2007, 06:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

You're right Dave, many of us have been a bit quiet the last weeks. I
have been posting on the Dutch Orchid forum lately. Today I will post
these pictures here as well.

Greets, Niek

Old 20-06-2007, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

Our servers are useless for this group, even though it was your server that
I created this group on.

Kye.

Old 20-06-2007, 04:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

Just to clarify this, there have been a LOT of messages that I see the reply
for but have not seen the original post of lately.

--

Yours Sincerely
Kye

Old 20-06-2007, 06:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Kye

Bigpond news-server is hopeless despite my continual complaints to them.

I have decide to invest $6/month in purchasing access to a commercial usenet
provider. I now get all the messages.
Cheers

John

Old 20-06-2007, 11:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

Which provider do you now use??? I looked at a few but they were aimed at
the ISP market and didn't really price for the domestic user.

--

Yours Sincerely
Kye

om...

Old 21-06-2007, 03:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Kye,

I use GigaNews.com - it's around US$10/mo these days. Never missed a post
since I switched to them.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 21-06-2007, 09:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

As mentioned to Kye off line, my preference is Athena.news which is cheaper
than Giga ($USD 5.95/month) and even cheaper still if you pay 6 or 12 months
in advance. For this price you get 1Gb/day allowance.

I too have had no problems.

John

"Kye" wrote in message
Which provider do you now use??? I looked at a few but they were aimed at
the ISP market and didn't really price for the domestic user.

Rate This Thread: