Old 07-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered User

Default Reply to thread

Can somebody please let me know how to reply to other peoples Threads. I do not understand the complexity of "Quotes" and all the other terminology given in the explanation of how to reply to anothers questions.

Thank you.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigolob View Post
Can somebody please let me know how to reply to other peoples Threads. I do not understand the complexity of "Quotes" and all the other terminology given in the explanation of how to reply to anothers questions.

Thank you.
First of all read this if you haven't already.

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united...gardening.html

To reply to a thread, click on the 'post reply' button which will open a reply window with all the contents of the message within the box you pressed the button in. and type in your reply. Any quotes must be encolsed between the words quote at the start and /quote at the end, those two words must each be enclosed within [ ] brackets.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default beans

"Bigolob" wrote in message

A few days after returning from holiday on February 12th 2013 I decided
to sow 60 Broad Beans (Aquadulce Claudia) under chloshes in pre prepared
manured and watered soil. So far there have been no signes of the plants
with the dreadful cold weather we have had.

Two weeks ago with impatience, I had a gentle trowel dig to see if
anything was happening underground. There were 3 beans I found with
roots and as there seemed to be life, I did not disturb them any
further. What is the chance of the crop growing or do I assume that they
have mostly rotted and need to re-sow? How long should I wait to see if
the germination occurs?

In previous years I have sown the seeds in peat pots in the GH in
February with success and then planted out in the veg plot when the
plants are about 2 inches high. How can any of us have know what was to
happen in March and April so far as the temperature outside was going to
be? Your advice would be appreciated.

Be patient Bob. I sowed Aquadulce Claudia last October, most are up 4" in
saturated soil. I usually so two further crops, this month and in May.
--
Pete C

Old 08-04-2013, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bigolob" wrote

[...]

Be patient, I sowed peas in guttering on my patio nearly 5 weeks ago, and
whilst they are moving if I scrape the soil away, they haven't shown yet,
it's just been too cold.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 22:36:28 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

Be patient Bob. I sowed Aquadulce Claudia last October, most are up 4" in
saturated soil. I usually so two further crops, this month and in May.

The mice ate mine I think.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk