Old 17-05-2013, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allium triquetrum

I don't know how many remember my trying to find out what this plant was
when I took pictures of it in January
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nflowers02.jpg
Well it was still in flower last week when it was mown off by some
zealous council worker cutting the grass despite it being up against the
wall.
I will have to watch to see when it comes into flower this winter.
David @ a sunny part of Swansea Bay
Old 17-05-2013, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-05-17 08:56:19 +0100, David Hill said:

I don't know how many remember my trying to find out what this plant
was when I took pictures of it in January
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nflowers02.jpg

Well it was still in flower last week when it was mown off by some
zealous council worker cutting the grass despite it being up against
the wall.
I will have to watch to see when it comes into flower this winter.
David @ a sunny part of Swansea Bay

So many council workers seem not to have any intiative at all when it
comes to such things. "Go out and mow" doesn't have to be taken as
"destroy things in flower", surely?!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 17-05-2013, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/05/2013 08:56, David Hill wrote:
I don't know how many remember my trying to find out what this plant was
when I took pictures of it in January
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nflowers02.jpg
Well it was still in flower last week when it was mown off by some
zealous council worker cutting the grass despite it being up against the
wall.
I will have to watch to see when it comes into flower this winter.
David @ a sunny part of Swansea Bay

oh rats, think i pressed reply rather than followup
Anyway sorry if this duplicates my last email but keen to get rid of the
blessed stuff.
Just name the amount David and I can send you parcels of the horrible
thing. It's now endemic to my front garden after only two plants were added.

Janet

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 17-05-2013, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/05/2013 11:17, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 17/05/2013 08:56, David Hill wrote:
I don't know how many remember my trying to find out what this plant was
when I took pictures of it in January
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nflowers02.jpg

Well it was still in flower last week when it was mown off by some
zealous council worker cutting the grass despite it being up against the
wall.
I will have to watch to see when it comes into flower this winter.
David @ a sunny part of Swansea Bay

oh rats, think i pressed reply rather than followup
Anyway sorry if this duplicates my last email but keen to get rid of the
blessed stuff.
Just name the amount David and I can send you parcels of the horrible
thing. It's now endemic to my front garden after only two plants were
added.

Janet

I wonder how it does under trees
Old 17-05-2013, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 17 May 2013 11:24:35 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Fri, 17 May 2013 08:56:19 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

I don't know how many remember my trying to find out what this plant was
when I took pictures of it in January
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nflowers02.jpg
Well it was still in flower last week when it was mown off by some
zealous council worker cutting the grass despite it being up against the
wall.
I will have to watch to see when it comes into flower this winter.
David @ a sunny part of Swansea Bay

The council worker obviously knew what he was doing. I'd have done the
same thing if it were me! Terrible stuff; absolute menace. My mother's
garden is infested with it; I shall spray as much of it as I can with
glyphosate in a week or two when it's stopped flowering.

I agree, it's a pest. Pretty when in flower but a menace when it
spreads. I also managed to bring it from my mother's garden with a
white bluebell, and now it is multiplying.
Want any?

Pam in Bristol

Old 17-05-2013, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/05/2013 12:32, David Hill wrote:
I wonder how it does under trees

superbly David, you must let me send you some

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 17-05-2013, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/05/2013 18:57, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 17/05/2013 12:32, David Hill wrote:
I wonder how it does under trees

superbly David, you must let me send you some

I have a spot with heavy tree cover that has been taken over by Winter
Heliotrope
It has a stream on one side and a farm track on the other.

Allium triquetrum RHS reply David Hill United Kingdom 0 29-01-2013 04:26 PM
Allium Bulbs Green Goblin United Kingdom 3 12-06-2004 09:04 AM
Allium Bulbs Janice United Kingdom 3 01-12-2003 01:32 PM
ornamental allium Mike Tickle United Kingdom 3 11-08-2003 11:32 AM
Rust on Chives and Ornamental Allium Janice United Kingdom 3 13-06-2003 10:44 AM