Old 22-05-2013, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Baby Spinach

I'm sure this is a really dim question, but ...

is baby spinach a seperate type of spinach (like baby sweetcorn), or is it just
spinach leaves picked young?
Old 22-05-2013, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in
:

I'm sure this is a really dim question, but ...

is baby spinach a seperate type of spinach (like baby sweetcorn), or
is it just spinach leaves picked young?

Not a dim question. They would be called dwarf I think if they were meant
to remain small. Baby spinach as far as I know are young, tender leaves
that are very nice but milder flavour than a mature plant. The mature
spinach can taste ....erm.. strong. An aquired taste. For my lot anyway. I
like it anyway.

Baz
Old 22-05-2013, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Baz wrote:
I'm sure this is a really dim question, but ...

is baby spinach a seperate type of spinach (like baby sweetcorn), or
is it just spinach leaves picked young?

Not a dim question. They would be called dwarf I think if they were meant
to remain small. Baby spinach as far as I know are young, tender leaves
that are very nice but milder flavour than a mature plant. The mature
spinach can taste ....erm.. strong. An aquired taste. For my lot anyway. I
like it anyway.

Thanks Baz.

I seem to have come along late to the whole leaf-eating thing. I've always
had a hatred of salad, because I didn't like lettuce. Then I found some leaves
(mostly baby leaves) that I didn't dislike as much. Then i found that if I put
a particular salad dressing on them, they actually became vaguely pleasant.

So I've never actually grown any kind of salad, other than the rocket that went
a bit mad last year that Benjamin was meant to be doing.

Baby spinach Pam Moore United Kingdom 13 26-03-2007 09:10 AM
2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
How does spinach grow, pls? Request for some info re spinach. fitwell Edible Gardening 11 03-06-2004 03:11 AM
Spinach spikes will United Kingdom 14 05-06-2003 09:19 AM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM