Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Echinacea

Can anyone give me the "proper" name for an Echinacea that has a flower
about 100mm diameter Brownish centre with petals that are purple at the
centre turning to orange/yellow at the tips. I saw this at the National
Botanic Gardens near Cross Hands in South Wales.

Maybe I could get one or two plants or seeds.

Thanks for ay help.

Bill

Old 13-08-2013, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-11 21:04:24 +0000, Bill Grey said:

Can anyone give me the "proper" name for an Echinacea that has a
flower about 100mm diameter Brownish centre with petals that are
purple at the centre turning to orange/yellow at the tips. I saw this
at the National Botanic Gardens near Cross Hands in South Wales.

Maybe I could get one or two plants or seeds.

Thanks for ay help.

Bill

Try taking a look at E. Green Envy on Google.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 13-08-2013, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-11 21:04:24 +0000, Bill Grey said:

Can anyone give me the "proper" name for an Echinacea that has a flower
about 100mm diameter Brownish centre with petals that are purple at the
centre turning to orange/yellow at the tips. I saw this at the National
Botanic Gardens near Cross Hands in South Wales.

Maybe I could get one or two plants or seeds.

Thanks for ay help.

Bill

Try taking a look at E. Green Envy on Google.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Hi Sacha, the picture is the general appearance of the flower, but in life
it might well look a bit different, I shall have to have another look, but
I'm not /that/keen on paying £7 for the experience:-)

If I do I will make sure I get the name on the tag and maybe a photo .

Thanks for your reply.

Bill

Old 13-08-2013, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-11 21:04:24 +0000, Bill Grey said:

[...]

Photos can produce a lot of colour variation and of course, so can soil
types. I don't know who's selling it but I do recall seeing its photo
on (maybe) Twitter and it was much admired. I can't think of another
that does quite what you describe but if you do find one, please let us
know its name.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 13-08-2013, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-11 21:04:24 +0000, Bill Grey said:

[...]

I wonder if they sell it in their plant area, you can get into that
without having to pay entry.

Old 13-08-2013, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-11 21:04:24 +0000, Bill Grey said:

[...]

Now that I'm intrigued I must go back and have a look :-)

Bill

Old 13-08-2013, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-11 21:04:24 +0000, Bill Grey said:

[...]

I had a quick look on the way out but there wasn't one to be seen -(

Bill

Old 14-08-2013, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-11 21:04:24 +0000, Bill Grey said:

[...]

Btw, if it's a new introduction and under PBR, it may not be possible
to get seed yet. But the seeds are on sale in USA. However, Jelitto,
for example, doesn't have this one.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 14-08-2013, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Old 19-08-2013, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message
news

On 2013-08-11 21:04:24 +0000, Bill Grey said:

[...]

Well today my wife and went back to the Botanic Gardens and I made a point
of checking out the Echinacea.

It was a case of mistaken identity, the plant was Rudibeckia Cappuchino, but
confusingly it was next to an Echinacea (Cheyenne Spirit) the label for
which was placed between the two plants - leaving me questioning things.

BTW the Rudibeckia Cappucino is a very lovey plant if anyone hasn't seen
one.

Bill

Echinacea (Purple Magnus) and Slugs Steve Gardening 1 24-02-2005 11:43 PM
echinacea eaten Andrea Iles Australia 0 02-04-2003 01:32 AM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' - one ex Wayside employee J Kolenovsky Gardening 3 25-01-2003 03:16 PM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' Tom Gardening 1 25-01-2003 04:03 AM
Soil for echinacea Purp' HaaRoy United Kingdom 1 23-12-2002 09:41 PM