Old 18-08-2013, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Good reliable source of bird seed

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:25:42 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I am looking for a good quality source of bird seed on line, in
particular for finches, as my local shops do not seem to stock that.

Having tried and failed to find a local farm feed supplier, I use Ark
Wildlife - http://www.arkwildlife.co.uk/ - who are significantly
cheaper than the RSPB (as is anyone) and, IIRC, about 2/3 of the price
of CJ.

I now put out just peanuts and kibbled sunflower hearts. In winter I
mix ground peanuts with the sunflowers. I get a good, greedy variety
of visitors (including lots of finches).

Nyger seed here was always untouched and the so-called "no-mess" feed
mixes are anything but...! Fat balls simply attracted more magpies who
would fight over each ball with the losers then venting their spleen
by killing a finch or a tit.

--
Cheers, Jake

Looking for Reliable Source for Killi Benign Vanilla Ponds 8 04-01-2005 08:22 PM
Looking for Reliable Source for Killi Benign Vanilla Ponds 0 02-01-2005 09:18 PM
If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird? Peter Gregson Gardening 9 05-11-2003 10:02 PM
Reliable nurseries Undine Roses 2 26-01-2003 01:14 AM
reliable rose nursery Undine Gardening 0 25-01-2003 05:07 PM