Old 21-10-2013, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wet, wet, wet

Well here at the side of Swansea bay it's warm, wet and windy.
By 4pm we had had 1.25 inches of rain and it's hardly let up for more
than 15 mins since then.
At the Mumbles the wind has been gusting to around 35mph and the temp
has been hovering around 60f (16c for those who can't cope with proper
temp.)
The forecast is for more of the same for the rest of the week, Just
because I bought cement ready to put the base wall down for the new
glass house.
David
Old 22-10-2013, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/10/2013 20:39, David Hill wrote:
Well here at the side of Swansea bay it's warm, wet and windy.
By 4pm we had had 1.25 inches of rain and it's hardly let up for more
than 15 mins since then.
At the Mumbles the wind has been gusting to around 35mph and the temp
has been hovering around 60f (16c for those who can't cope with proper
temp.)
The forecast is for more of the same for the rest of the week, Just
because I bought cement ready to put the base wall down for the new
glass house.
David

Just measured rainfall at 11am and we have had another 0.8 inches and
its raining again.
So that's 2.05inches in 36 hours.
David
Old 22-10-2013, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/10/2013 14:52, Jake wrote:
On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:35:01 +0200, Martin wrote:

It's a sunny windy day here. The temperature is 20C. It's yet another
"last day of summer".

You can go off some people you know!

Well at this end of the Bay, the rain cleared just before midday and for
the last couple of hours the sun has been playing hide and seek.
I've just been out for a paddle round and in some Ivy flowers there are
2 pristine Red Admirable butterfly's.
David
Old 23-10-2013, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-10-22 16:27:08 +0100, David Hill said:

On 22/10/2013 14:52, Jake wrote:
On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:35:01 +0200, Martin wrote:

It's a sunny windy day here. The temperature is 20C. It's yet another
"last day of summer".

You can go off some people you know!

Well at this end of the Bay, the rain cleared just before midday and
for the last couple of hours the sun has been playing hide and seek.
I've just been out for a paddle round and in some Ivy flowers there are
2 pristine Red Admirable butterfly's.
David

Bright here but with plenty of cloud around and a good breeze, too.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 23-10-2013, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
Well here at the side of Swansea bay it's warm, wet and windy.
By 4pm we had had 1.25 inches of rain and it's hardly let up for more than
15 mins since then.
At the Mumbles the wind has been gusting to around 35mph and the temp has
been hovering around 60f (16c for those who can't cope with proper temp.)
The forecast is for more of the same for the rest of the week, Just
because I bought cement ready to put the base wall down for the new glass

You're not anone David, it's been horrible here in Glais as well.:-(

Bill

Old 23-10-2013, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in message
Well here at the side of Swansea bay it's warm, wet and windy.
By 4pm we had had 1.25 inches of rain and it's hardly let up for more than
15 mins since then.
At the Mumbles the wind has been gusting to around 35mph and the temp has
been hovering around 60f (16c for those who can't cope with proper temp.)
The forecast is for more of the same for the rest of the week, Just
because I bought cement ready to put the base wall down for the new glass

You're not anone David, it's been horrible here in Glais as well.:-(

Bill

.................................................. .................................

Been fantastic here on the Isle of Wight. We have part of the family over
and whilst I went across the Island to Cowes in beautiful sunshine for a
meeting, the family went out for rather a lot of retail therapy.

Mike

www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 25-10-2013, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bill Grey
writes

"David Hill" wrote in message
Well here at the side of Swansea bay it's warm, wet and windy.
By 4pm we had had 1.25 inches of rain and it's hardly let up for more than
15 mins since then.
At the Mumbles the wind has been gusting to around 35mph and the temp has
been hovering around 60f (16c for those who can't cope with proper temp.)
The forecast is for more of the same for the rest of the week, Just
because I bought cement ready to put the base wall down for the new glass

You're not anone David, it's been horrible here in Glais as well.:-(

Bill

Lovely day in Manchester today
--
bert

Wet, wet, wet David Hill United Kingdom 54 22-12-2012 03:28 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet Dave Hill United Kingdom 3 21-11-2011 11:14 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jadene Mayla Lawns 0 27-06-2011 08:27 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jess Lawns 0 24-04-2011 04:08 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet David Hill United Kingdom 16 06-02-2004 03:49 PM