Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Kay Easton

Default Wild Garlic

In article , BAC
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Colin Davidson
writes

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

The same is true of those things on private land. It is one of the
relics of Roman law, as passed on by the 'Anglo-Saxons'. The game
laws are a legacy of the Norman banditry.

That infamous Countryside Act made the DIGGING UP of all plants
comparable to the taking of game, rather than the picking of fruit.

And that's fair enough, when you think about it. The last thing we want

is
people wanering about diggint things up from the wild... I wonder if that
would apply to truffles?

They're fruit bodies, aren't they, rather than the entire 'plant'?

Are truffles 'plants'?

I have no idea of their current status! ISTR when I was a kid, they were
regarded as plants, but aren't they now regarded as something entirely
separate? So I thought they were 'plants' rather than plants ;-)

I know they're not animals!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Supplier of Wild Garlic wanted ??? gray bale United Kingdom 2 20-06-2003 08:20 PM
Wild Garlic and back to bluebells non-scripta Hussein M. United Kingdom 2 09-05-2003 06:46 PM
Wild garlic Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
wild garlic/onion. Terry Lynton United Kingdom 2 17-11-2002 02:09 AM