Old 24-02-2014, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hole in Pond Liner

VC pond liners are durable pond liners for your backyard pond. Over time, with wear and usage, a PVC pond liner may develop a rip or tear and need to be repaired. If the rip or tear is not repaired, the water will leak out of the pond and depending on how bad the leak is, the pond could empty fairly quickly. Also the leaking water could damage any nearby objects that aren't meant to get wet. Luckily, it is fairly easy to repair a PVC pond liner, and it is not very costly or time consuming.
http://www.pondpro2000.com/epdm-pond-liner.html
Old 24-02-2014, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

(snip)

Blatant advertising snipped.

You can't fix a pond with spam.

Steve

Old 24-02-2014, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

You can't fix a pond with spam.

Ah, the voice of bitter experience.
Have you tried a tailored piece of orange peel?

Janet.

Old 24-02-2014, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/02/2014 19:09, shazzbat wrote:
(snip)

Blatant advertising snipped.

You can't fix a pond with spam.

Steve

You could the way my mother cooked it.
Old 24-02-2014, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
David Hill wrote:
On 24/02/2014 19:09, shazzbat wrote:

Blatant advertising snipped.

You can't fix a pond with spam.

You could the way my mother cooked it.

I once had to live for 3 days on nothing but fried spam but,
more interestingly, I once had a meal in what I am convinced
was the original of the spam, spam, lobster thermidor and spam
restaurant.

It was a cafe in Helston, with a menu of c. 30 items, every single
one of which featured spam in one form or another - except for the
lobster thermidor. It was very good.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 25-02-2014, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-02-24 19:09:11 +0000, shazzbat said:

(snip)

Blatant advertising snipped.

You can't fix a pond with spam.

Steve

But to be fair, the charter does say: "Advertising
Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:
Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".
Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines)."

Their only 'sin' was not to put AD in the subject line.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 25-02-2014, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-02-24 19:09:11 +0000, shazzbat said:

(snip)

Blatant advertising snipped.

You can't fix a pond with spam.

Steve

But to be fair, the charter does say: "Advertising
Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:
Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant material
may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".
Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines)."

Their only 'sin' was not to put AD in the subject line.

Although to be pedantic a US based company that does not appear to
supply outside the US probably also falls foul of the UK-relevant bit as
well.
Old 25-02-2014, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/02/2014 20:23, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
David Hill wrote:
On 24/02/2014 19:09, shazzbat wrote:

Blatant advertising snipped.

You can't fix a pond with spam.

You could the way my mother cooked it.

I once had to live for 3 days on nothing but fried spam but,
more interestingly, I once had a meal in what I am convinced
was the original of the spam, spam, lobster thermidor and spam
restaurant.

It was a cafe in Helston, with a menu of c. 30 items, every single
one of which featured spam in one form or another - except for the
lobster thermidor. It was very good.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

So have you spent time at Oxford as well as Cambridge (and Cornwall)?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_..._Flying_Circus

--

Jeff
Old 25-02-2014, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Andrew May" wrote in message ...

Although to be pedantic a US based company that does not appear to
supply outside the US probably also falls foul of the UK-relevant bit as
well.

Not pedantic at all - I had exactly the same reaction.
Not a lot of promoted availability here in Cheshire (:-(
Therefor clearly against the group rules.

Pete
Old 25-02-2014, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

Blatant advertising snipped.

You can't fix a pond with spam.

You could the way my mother cooked it.

I once had to live for 3 days on nothing but fried spam but,
more interestingly, I once had a meal in what I am convinced
was the original of the spam, spam, lobster thermidor and spam
restaurant.

It was a cafe in Helston, with a menu of c. 30 items, every single
one of which featured spam in one form or another - except for the
lobster thermidor. It was very good.

So have you spent time at Oxford as well as Cambridge (and Cornwall)?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_..._Flying_Circus

A little, but I don't see the relevance.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 25-02-2014, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-02-24 19:09:11 +0000, shazzbat said:

(snip)

[...]

I didn't follow it up but no uk stockists perhaps? I rather suspect
that msg went out to every newsgroup with the words 'garden, ponds,
ornamental fish, koi' in their titles!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 25-02-2014, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/02/2014 11:47, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

Blatant advertising snipped.

You can't fix a pond with spam.

You could the way my mother cooked it.

I once had to live for 3 days on nothing but fried spam but,
more interestingly, I once had a meal in what I am convinced
was the original of the spam, spam, lobster thermidor and spam
restaurant.

It was a cafe in Helston, with a menu of c. 30 items, every single
one of which featured spam in one form or another - except for the
lobster thermidor. It was very good.

So have you spent time at Oxford as well as Cambridge (and Cornwall)?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_..._Flying_Circus

A little, but I don't see the relevance.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I thought that maybe you had met members of the original team when you
were at Oxford or Cambridge.

--

Jeff
Old 25-02-2014, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

I once had to live for 3 days on nothing but fried spam but,
more interestingly, I once had a meal in what I am convinced
was the original of the spam, spam, lobster thermidor and spam
restaurant.

It was a cafe in Helston, with a menu of c. 30 items, every single
one of which featured spam in one form or another - except for the
lobster thermidor. It was very good.

So have you spent time at Oxford as well as Cambridge (and Cornwall)?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_..._Flying_Circus

A little, but I don't see the relevance.

I thought that maybe you had met members of the original team when you
were at Oxford or Cambridge.

No, but my wife did.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Pond Liner Material Identification - What Pond Liner to Choose FLP Ponds (alternative) 0 10-02-2010 09:35 AM
hole in pond liner tolwoods Ponds 9 08-03-2007 10:39 PM
Pond Liner vs. Roof Liner BenignVanilla Ponds 8 15-11-2006 06:09 PM
My Plea for Help (Hole in bottom of pond liner?) LessonLearned. Bette E Ponds 3 12-09-2004 03:30 AM
liner hole repair Mike Ponds 12 25-08-2004 03:26 PM