Old 26-02-2014, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Aldi Seed Potatoes

On sale at the local store, sold in a netting bag. 1Kg per bag at £1.49p
each. On offer was Pentland Javellin (1st), Maris Peer (2nd) and Desiree
(main).

Small egg-sized and the tubers were firm to the touch. No signs of early
sprouting/chitting, perhaps they've been kept in a cold store.

Has anyone tried Aldi seed pots before? Any way I'll give them a try.

Old 26-02-2014, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/02/2014 16:50, Bertie Doe wrote:
On sale at the local store, sold in a netting bag. 1Kg per bag at £1.49p
each. On offer was Pentland Javellin (1st), Maris Peer (2nd) and Desiree
(main).

Small egg-sized and the tubers were firm to the touch. No signs of early
sprouting/chitting, perhaps they've been kept in a cold store.

Has anyone tried Aldi seed pots before? Any way I'll give them a try.

I have tried them and they were OK. It's a good time for gardeners at
this time of year at Aldi. One has to get in quick for certain things.
Old 27-02-2014, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Saxman" wrote in message ...

On 26/02/2014 16:50, Bertie Doe wrote:
On sale at the local store, sold in a netting bag. 1Kg per bag at £1.49p
each. On offer was Pentland Javellin (1st), Maris Peer (2nd) and Desiree
(main).

Small egg-sized and the tubers were firm to the touch. No signs of early
sprouting/chitting, perhaps they've been kept in a cold store.

Has anyone tried Aldi seed pots before? Any way I'll give them a try.

I have tried them and they were OK. It's a good time for gardeners at this
time of year at Aldi. One has to get in quick for certain things.

I bought a Kilo of each last Friday and nipped back yesterday and did a
repeat. Not many left in the bin. Glad they have Desiree, have always
enjoyed a heavy crop from these.

Lost my list of varieties from last year. There was one with a wrinkly
pattern on the skin. Blowed if I can remember the name.

Old 27-02-2014, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/02/2014 23:57, Saxman wrote:
On 26/02/2014 16:50, Bertie Doe wrote:
On sale at the local store, sold in a netting bag. 1Kg per bag at £1.49p
each. On offer was Pentland Javellin (1st), Maris Peer (2nd) and Desiree
(main).

Small egg-sized and the tubers were firm to the touch. No signs of early
sprouting/chitting, perhaps they've been kept in a cold store.

Has anyone tried Aldi seed pots before? Any way I'll give them a try.

I have tried them and they were OK. It's a good time for gardeners at
this time of year at Aldi. One has to get in quick for certain things.

Yep, I got the one and only cherry tree last week,£4, and I was there at
opening time.

--
Pete C
adventure before dementure
Old 27-02-2014, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete C" wrote in message

On 26/02/2014 23:57, Saxman wrote:

I have tried them and they were OK. It's a good time for gardeners at
this time of year at Aldi. One has to get in quick for certain things.

Yep, I got the one and only cherry tree last week,£4, and I was there at
opening time.

I bought a collection of 4 fruit trees on dwarf stock. Online £7 each inc
p+p. Planted on allotment Spring 2010.Morella cherry, braeburn apple,
conference pear and victoria plum.

Following Winter killed mine and neighbours morella cherry. Total fruit thus
far, one pear . 10 weeks ago, moved them to the bottom of the slope, to
get a bit of shelter from the houses, in an Easterly wind.

Replaced the dead morella with a sweet stella cherry at £13 from Homebase.
So your £4 was a good buy. Is yours sweet or savoury cherry.

Old 27-02-2014, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/02/2014 17:24, Bertie Doe wrote:

"Pete C" wrote in message

On 26/02/2014 23:57, Saxman wrote:

I have tried them and they were OK. It's a good time for gardeners at
this time of year at Aldi. One has to get in quick for certain things.

Yep, I got the one and only cherry tree last week,£4, and I was there
at opening time.

I bought a collection of 4 fruit trees on dwarf stock. Online £7 each
inc p+p. Planted on allotment Spring 2010.Morella cherry, braeburn
apple, conference pear and victoria plum.

Following Winter killed mine and neighbours morella cherry. Total fruit
thus far, one pear . 10 weeks ago, moved them to the bottom of the
slope, to get a bit of shelter from the houses, in an Easterly wind.

Replaced the dead morella with a sweet stella cherry at £13 from
Homebase. So your £4 was a good buy. Is yours sweet or savoury cherry.

It's a Stella

--
Pete C
adventure before dementure
http://www.scar-crockenhill.org/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Secon...57749060989952

Aldi Seed Compost Roger & Barbara Tonkin United Kingdom 2 19-05-2010 12:36 PM
Water butts on offer at Aldi 5th March OG United Kingdom 9 07-03-2009 01:23 AM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 0 12-02-2004 11:34 PM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 0 12-02-2004 11:34 PM
Aldi - 99p Tulip Bulbs dommy United Kingdom 3 17-09-2003 08:15 AM