Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-03-2014, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommendations for types, & suppliers, of thorn hedging please.

Hello.
I am reluctantly forced to erect a 10m long x 1.2m high wire fence and plant
along this 16 thorn hedging plants.
This for a neighbour who is seriously pressuring me. Rather than fight the
issue, I just want to get it done. We have been neighbours for 50 odd years
and I don't particularly want to fall out with her.
Fencing is no problem I can do that well myself but the plants are giving me
a problem. I am black fingered as opposed to green.
She says they must be 80-100 cm height pot grown, and specifies Pyracantha,
Mahonia, Berberis & Gorse.
Her main objective being to grow an impenetrable fence.
Plot is just W of London. W facing with fairly open aspect and 1m from a
stream. This stream was extremely lively a month ago. Hence the problem.
Any suggestions for plants and suppliers please.
Many thanks,
Nick.