Old 08-04-2014, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lawn All In One feed and weed

I've just been looking at the lawn feed and weed stuff in wilko's, and
there seems to be a variety of them, besides different sizes of box etc.

is there any preference between the granules, which I have used
previously, and the liquid which is dispersed by a watering can or such.

Then there is Aftercut, which seems to do the same as the All In Ones.

Is any type or brand better than the others.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 08/04/2014 18:30, Bob H wrote:
I've just been looking at the lawn feed and weed stuff in wilko's, and
there seems to be a variety of them, besides different sizes of box etc.

is there any preference between the granules, which I have used
previously, and the liquid which is dispersed by a watering can or such.

Then there is Aftercut, which seems to do the same as the All In Ones.

Is any type or brand better than the others.

I would get a lawn care company to come and feed the lawn 4 times a
year. The grass never looked better. About £60 per annum including feed.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Saxman
writes
On 08/04/2014 18:30, Bob H wrote:
I've just been looking at the lawn feed and weed stuff in wilko's, and
there seems to be a variety of them, besides different sizes of box etc.

is there any preference between the granules, which I have used
previously, and the liquid which is dispersed by a watering can or such.

Then there is Aftercut, which seems to do the same as the All In Ones.

Is any type or brand better than the others.

I would get a lawn care company to come and feed the lawn 4 times a
year. The grass never looked better. About £60 per annum including
feed.

Well a self dispensing carton of Evergreen at about £10.00 does 100 sq
metres - bought a refill in Sainsburys today for £7.
I've not looked closely at Aftercut but I suspect it does what it says
on the tin - enable you to feed immediately after mowing whereas
normally you should wait a few days.

The important thing is to spread the feed reasonably evenly and to the
correct dosage. I can mange that with the granules in the dispenser
quite easily. I suspect a watering can might need a bit more
concentration but would not be impossible.

If you're going to use a Lawn Care company then you might as well also
buy your fruit veg and flowers at the supermarket.
--
bert
Old 08-04-2014, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 08/04/2014 18:30, Bob H wrote:
I've just been looking at the lawn feed and weed stuff in wilko's, and
there seems to be a variety of them, besides different sizes of box etc.

is there any preference between the granules, which I have used
previously, and the liquid which is dispersed by a watering can or such.

You obviously don't need to apply it just before it rains with the
watering can solution. The application could be tedious on a large area.

It is easier to see where you have hit with the granules.

Then there is Aftercut, which seems to do the same as the All In Ones.

Is any type or brand better than the others.

I buy mine as they remainder it at the end of the spring season ready
for next year - kept dry in plastic it stores very well.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Organic lawn feed and/or weed killer (professional) colind404 Lawns 3 11-04-2009 12:34 AM
lawn feed and weed goober Lawns 24 10-09-2007 11:59 PM
Spary on lawn feed and weed for large acreage? Chris United Kingdom 1 30-09-2006 05:27 PM
First lawn weed and feed of the year - when? David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 1 30-03-2004 11:41 AM
ok to feed and weed lawn now? R P McMurphy United Kingdom 2 26-08-2003 03:04 PM