Old 27-05-2014, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blowing ones Trumpet

Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and this
month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as their
"Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 27-05-2014, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message ...

Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and this
month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as their
"Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Well done Charlie. Why shouldn't you blow your own trumpet and advertise?
Others do!!

Well done

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk

Old 27-05-2014, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/05/2014 08:53, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and
this month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as
their "Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

Nice one Charlie.
A good write up as well.

Old 27-05-2014, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/05/2014 08:53, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and
this month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as
their "Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

The patience of you nurserymen! A seed sprouts and 5 years later you
know whether it might grow into something of interest. Wow!
Old 27-05-2014, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 27/05/2014 08:53, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and
this month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as
their "Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

The patience of you nurserymen! A seed sprouts and 5 years later you know
whether it might grow into something of interest. Wow!

Think of it more like a sausage machine, you keep stuffing stuff in at one
end and eventually it starts coming out the other, so there are new
seedlings each year! At least Clematis are quick, the Lapageria can be 10
years or more.

Old 27-05-2014, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in message

The patience of you nurserymen! A seed sprouts and 5 years later you know
whether it might grow into something of interest. Wow!

Think of it more like a sausage machine, you keep stuffing stuff in at one
end and eventually it starts coming out the other, so there are new
seedlings each year! At least Clematis are quick, the Lapageria can be 10
years or more.

And many trees are 25-50!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 27-05-2014, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/05/2014 08:53, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and this
month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as their
"Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

Looks good - well done. Did you have one on show at Longstock?

I assume that being a "Vit" it will have some wilt resistance.

--

Jeff
Old 27-05-2014, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 27/05/2014 08:53, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and
this
month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as their
"Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

Looks good - well done. Did you have one on show at Longstock?

I assume that being a "Vit" it will have some wilt resistance.

--

Jeff

Yes its a viticella type so no wilt problems, and yes we were selling them
at Longstock but as you know we keep everything cut hard back until it sells
so no flowers to see.

Old 27-05-2014, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/05/2014 08:53, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and
this month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as
their "Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

Ooooh! That's lovely, Charlie. Lots of flower on it...very tempting.
Maybe, when I've cleared a couple of beds and improved the soil, I will
have space for it.
I hope it repays all your effort. Should do - it's a beauty!

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 27-05-2014, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

Absolutely beautiful!
(the grower, not so much, though it's nice to have a picture to go with the
name).

Old 27-05-2014, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:53:55 AM UTC+1, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant

related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and this

month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as their

"Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

--

Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall

and Lapageria rosea cvs

http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Delighted for you, well done.

Jenny - in Bristol
Old 27-05-2014, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 27 May 2014 11:22:05 +0100, Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article , Charlie Pridham
wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in message

The patience of you nurserymen! A seed sprouts and 5 years later you
know whether it might grow into something of interest. Wow!

Think of it more like a sausage machine, you keep stuffing stuff in at
one end and eventually it starts coming out the other, so there are new
seedlings each year! At least Clematis are quick, the Lapageria can be
10 years or more.

And many trees are 25-50!

Yes, maples take 10 to 15 of evaluation to decide whether a cultivar is
in order. Or should, anyway.

Congratulations Charlie!

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 27-05-2014, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote

Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and this
month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as their
"Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

Well done Charlie, now, will we see it in the Garden Centres?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 27-05-2014, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 27 May 2014 08:53:55 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and this
month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as their
"Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

Splendid - congratulations.
--
rbel
Old 27-05-2014, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-05-27 07:53:55 +0000, Charlie Pridham said:

Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and
this month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as
their "Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

Many, many congratulations and so well deserved, not just for a
beautiful plant but your and Liz's hard work. Fantastic news, Charlie
and a definite trumpet blowing occasion!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com