Old 22-06-2014, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Aldi

On 2014-06-21 21:32:20 +0000, Judith in England said:

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 07:51:53 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

snip

How about because the small nursery owner *could* sell bread or paint of they
wanted to?

I think we've already established that excessive regulation prevents that

Have we? Just because someone says it, does not make it true, Can you point
out what these regulations are please.

I can tell you, from personal experience, that running a business is
subject to innumerable rules nowadays. I have described some of them
and told this group that I have talked to relevant authorities. If you
refute this, it is up to you to prove your argument. Show us otherwise
please and demonstrate how you know this to be the case.

I have asked the question in the moderated legal group - and the consensus
there is that it is purely a planning matter.

What regulations do you think apply which prohibits you from having a shop at
the nursery (assuming that you just modify the planning application) and
selling more or less what you like?

It is of course impossible to prove that "no regulations apply" - but quite
easy to show that "these specific regulations apply : so could you say what
they are please.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to do your research for you.

I don't need or wish to do any research.

I said: "How about because the small nursery owner *could* sell bread or paint
if they wanted to?"

I was then told :"I think we've already established that excessive regulation
prevents that".

That is clearly untrue: which was the only point I was making.

You jumped in with what you could do in your "catering establishment": not
exactly the same as a small nursery.

I could not give a toss what you sell in your "catering establishment" - and I
certainly have not claimed that you could sell paint, bread, or anything else
in such a place.

I welcome your explanation of the regulations which prohibit small nurseries
(the subject of the discussion) selling things other than plants: there may
well be some, however, I am not aware of them -and for that matter no one else
seems to be either.

(Have you ever been known to be wrong in this newsgroup?)

Far be it for me to interrupt this discussion,
But
the subject original was Aldi selling veg plants but as always it got
diverted by people who can't be bothered to start a new topic, and find
it easier to hi jack an existing one.
Old 22-06-2014, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

David as I was once told, in no uncertain manner, when I tried to get the
original topic back on line, it was 'thread drift', so stand by to be
corrected yourself .......... or not ..........

Mike

Water butts on offer at Aldi 5th March OG United Kingdom 9 07-03-2009 01:23 AM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 3 12-02-2004 11:37 PM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 0 12-02-2004 11:34 PM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 0 12-02-2004 11:34 PM
Aldi - 99p Tulip Bulbs dommy United Kingdom 3 17-09-2003 08:15 AM