Old 02-08-2014, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cucumbers

Second attempt at growing them in greenhouse: they are F1 hybrid - minis.

They really do seem to be taking ages - however there are now a few flowers
appearing.

I wonder, what are the normal timescales for growing such: time to flowering -
time to fruiting - how long they last etc

(I feed every week with tomato feed as I feed my tomatoes)

Old 03-08-2014, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 02/08/2014 22:33, Judith in England wrote:

Second attempt at growing them in greenhouse: they are F1 hybrid - minis.

They really do seem to be taking ages - however there are now a few flowers
appearing.

I wonder, what are the normal timescales for growing such: time to flowering -
time to fruiting - how long they last etc

(I feed every week with tomato feed as I feed my tomatoes)

Cucumbers need a high nitrogen feed.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 11:00:29 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 02/08/2014 22:33, Judith in England wrote:

Second attempt at growing them in greenhouse: they are F1 hybrid - minis.

They really do seem to be taking ages - however there are now a few flowers
appearing.

I wonder, what are the normal timescales for growing such: time to flowering -
time to fruiting - how long they last etc

(I feed every week with tomato feed as I feed my tomatoes)

Cucumbers need a high nitrogen feed.

Many thanks - I see my tomato feed is 4% cf Miracle Grow which is 24% - I'll
switch to that rather than buying anything specific.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 02 Aug 2014 22:33:07 +0100, Judith in England
wrote:

Second attempt at growing them in greenhouse: they are F1 hybrid - minis.

They really do seem to be taking ages - however there are now a few flowers
appearing.

Are they too crowded, and how big are the flowers?

Pic?
Old 03-08-2014, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Second attempt at growing them in greenhouse: they are F1 hybrid - minis.

They really do seem to be taking ages - however there are now a few flowers
appearing.

Are they too crowded, and how big are the flowers?

Pic?

I have them in ten-inch pots side by side in a greenhouse.
The flowers are about 1cm across.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Second attempt at growing them in greenhouse: they are F1 hybrid - minis.

They really do seem to be taking ages - however there are now a few flowers
appearing.

Are they too crowded, and how big are the flowers?

Pic?

As they are F1 hybrids I doubt if they are to close, to expensive and
very few seeds in a packet
Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 02/08/2014 22:33, Judith in England wrote:

Second attempt at growing them in greenhouse: they are F1 hybrid - minis.

They really do seem to be taking ages - however there are now a few flowers
appearing.

I wonder, what are the normal timescales for growing such: time to flowering -
time to fruiting - how long they last etc

(I feed every week with tomato feed as I feed my tomatoes)

We grow one plant in a 12" pot of peat-free compost in a north facing
lean to greenhouse. Bought in April from local GC this has given us half
a dozen mini-cucumbers to date and seems to provide about 1 per week for
the rest of the summer. It just gets tomato feed when I think of it.
There is a wick in the bottom of the pot and it sits over a bowl of water.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 21:57:27 +0100, Paul Luton
wrote:

On 02/08/2014 22:33, Judith in England wrote:

Second attempt at growing them in greenhouse: they are F1 hybrid - minis.

They really do seem to be taking ages - however there are now a few flowers
appearing.

I wonder, what are the normal timescales for growing such: time to flowering -
time to fruiting - how long they last etc

(I feed every week with tomato feed as I feed my tomatoes)

We grow one plant in a 12" pot of peat-free compost in a north facing
lean to greenhouse. Bought in April from local GC this has given us half
a dozen mini-cucumbers to date and seems to provide about 1 per week for
the rest of the summer. It just gets tomato feed when I think of it.
There is a wick in the bottom of the pot and it sits over a bowl of water.

Yours are certainly doing better than mine !!

(Mine were from seed)