Old 21-08-2014, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gooseberry raiders

My gooseberry bush has had all its leaves eaten away, leaving just the
central vein.

What is likely to have done it? No other kind of bush has suffered.

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France

Old 21-08-2014, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , David Hill
writes

On 21/08/2014 15:41, David Rance wrote:

My gooseberry bush has had all its leaves eaten away, leaving just the
central vein.

What is likely to have done it? No other kind of bush has suffered.

Gooseberry saw fly

Ah, thanks!

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France
Old 25-08-2014, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/08/2014 18:14, David Hill wrote:
On 21/08/2014 15:41, David Rance wrote:
My gooseberry bush has had all its leaves eaten away, leaving just the
central vein.

What is likely to have done it? No other kind of bush has suffered.

David

Gooseberry saw fly

Yes. You have about three days or a week at most between them hatching
an eating every last leaf off the plant. By now you should have been
able to harvest the crop so the critters are a bit late...

Mine annoyingly succumb to American gooseberry mildew these days which
is a pity because they are a good size old sweet dessert purple variety.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Old 25-08-2014, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin, what did the Green Gooseberry say to the Purple Gooseberry?

Mike

For those ex Royal Navy.
http://angelradioisleofwight.moonfru...ive/4574468641
7.30 – 8.00 pm Wednesday 27th August 2014
‘From the Crowe’s Nest’

Old 25-08-2014, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/08/2014 19:33, 'Mike' wrote:
[...]

Remember "it's only the hairs on a gooseberry that stop it from being a
grape".
Old 26-08-2014, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin Brown
writes

On 21/08/2014 18:14, David Hill wrote:

On 21/08/2014 15:41, David Rance wrote:
My gooseberry bush has had all its leaves eaten away, leaving just the
central vein.

What is likely to have done it? No other kind of bush has suffered.

David

Gooseberry saw fly

Yes. You have about three days or a week at most between them hatching
an eating every last leaf off the plant. By now you should have been
able to harvest the crop so the critters are a bit late...

I did. About a couple of months ago.

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France